My First Coinstar Silver... And It's Big!

Yesterday, while running some errands we stopped off at Walmart. So as always, I walk up to the Coinstar machine thinking maybe this time I will find my first Coinstar silver. As I get with a few feet I can see some coins sitting in the reject tray. :yes: Most of the time it's empty so I am always excited to get some clad. But when I reached in I felt something big. Pulled it out and saw a 1968-D 40% Slver Kennedy half dollar! :shock::woot: I reached back in and pulled out an additional 48¢ in clad. It is a great feeling to get some free silver. :bouncy:

Happy hunting and God bless! :grin:

and of course being the "always thinking of the other poor unfortunates in the world" type, you immediately gave it to the salvation army!.."woot!..woot!"
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Nice find! I literally have not even found a single coin in my local coinstar in 6 months, let alone any silver. Think someone at the store is keeping an eye on it...….

Thanks, guys! :D I actually found the silver half and posted this thread a year ago, but it was recently bumped back up. :cool3:

I didn’t notice the bump. Keep on truckin Wolf!
Thanks! :D

I gotta start checking those Coinstar machines.
It definitely pays to check, that's for sure! Thanks for the reply, Mtc8966! :D

Alright, congrats on the coin star silver Garrett! I don't even bother checking anymore, pretty sure someone has a firm grip on the 2 machines I DO occasionally check. Keep looking, you just never know!
Thank you, Jeff! That's too bad, hopefully you'll find one soon! :cool3:

Congrats on the Kennedy half dollar !!!! :thumbsup:

(you know how many Zincolns you'd have to find to equal what that is worth ? :lol:)
Thank you, Gary! it would take ... a lot! :lol:

Nice find! I literally have not even found a single coin in my local coinstar in 6 months, let alone any silver. Think someone at the store is keeping an eye on it...….
That's not good! :( Hopefully you'll get some goodies from one soon. :D Thanks for the reply!

Congrats Garrett on a free Silver Half. I'm still waiting on my first Coinstar Silver. Actually checked four of them today, all empty. Trapper
Thank you, Trapper! I hope you find one soon! :cool3:

Thank you, ToySoldier! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom