Golf Course Anyone ?

Pastor

Would you detect a old golf course if so where would start ? Our golf course is closed . It has been there since the 40's or 50's . would it be worth the time ?thanks .

Would you detect a old golf course if so where would start ? Our golf course is closed . It has been there since the 40's or 50's . would it be worth the time ?thanks .

I don't think I would...maybe the old parking lot and the clubhouse path to the parking lot. Just my 2 cents.

Golf course

They did that to an Omaha golf course from the 20's about 5 years ago. It produced a bonanza of old coins. Concentrate around the greens and tee boxes. The beautiful thing is there is a ton of land to cover. There will be stuff along the fairways and rough but the green and tee areas will be best. Have fun!

They did that to an Omaha golf course from the 20's about 5 years ago. It produced a bonanza of old coins. Concentrate around the greens and tee boxes. The beautiful thing is there is a ton of land to cover. There will be stuff along the fairways and rough but the green and tee areas will be best. Have fun!

Wow, no kidding? I stand corrected :)

I agree with around the tees and greens.

around the tee boxes golfers dig in their pockets for tees and golf balls...so lots of chances for them to drop a coin or two.

around the greens golfers dig in their pockets for a ball marker,usually a dime...again chances for coins to be dropped.

I'm sort of an expert on these situations..I've played golf for 35 years....I know I never came home with the same amount of dimes I brought for ball marking...lol.

around the tee boxes golfers dig in their pockets for tees and golf balls...so lots of chances for them to drop a coin or two.

around the greens golfers dig in their pockets for a ball marker,usually a dime...again chances for coins to be dropped.

I'm sort of an expert on these situations..I've played golf for 35 years....I know I never came home with the same amount of dimes I brought for ball marking...lol.

These are the guys who know where the high people traffic areas are.

I'm lucky just to go driving a couple times a year.

I'd imagine that hunting a golf course would be a real sensitive location.

Keep us posted.

There is a guy on youtube currently hunting an old golf course and he is killing it! Lots of silver and gold rings. definitely hunt it!

Hey, maybe if they close down your old golf course you might be able to find some of those dimes you dropped, that would be neat :lol:

Look into threads started by member here Swing360 in the Seattle area. He has done just what you are talking about.

Most of the courses I played in the past 35 years are recently gone. One is still in the process of becoming apartments and stores, I wonder if there are any holes left I could go detect on. Another was turned into a hospital, might go look around the edges of the property to see if there's any of the original land left, but I doubt it. I have a friend whose dad owns/owned a local course, the high school next door (whose team he has supported for something like 50 years) just went eminent domain on him and swiped half the course to expand the school. I know they closed the course down, but I don't think he's sold the rest of the property off yet...

Defiantly hunt it!

We had one close here in East Texas but it is to grown up to hunt it now.

I hunted a closed 1930's course. I mainly hit the playground area and found a TON of wheats with a few mercs. We hit the tee boxes and found some jewelry.. so yes!

Start detecting on hole number 10,,, might find more on holes 10-18.

I figure the liquor starts kicking in by then,,folks start getting sloppy putting their hands in and pulling them out of their pockets.

Heck yeah!

Swing360 (where he go?) hit one up in WA and did dang good!

Gluck man!

Seebee beat me to it.

I may have have beat you, but Digger took the time to finds and add the links!
:D

Thanks for adding the links Digger!!:yes:

I agree. Around greens and tees would be best. You might even find some nice rings, as people who have gloves pull them off in the cold. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom