• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Really Dumb Commercials

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
Was channel surfing for weather forecasts this morning when I saw a commercial for life insurance. The spokesperson said "If you die your beneficiaries will get a check, if you don't die we'll refund your money"

I think I'll go for the second option.

Most of them on TV are a rip Off, I was told to stay away from them. I don't know what a good one would be.
This might turn out to be a good topic. Hope someone will have some good advice.

KEN :D

For a long time i thought that there was a contest to see who could air the stupidest commercial. Sonic, Allstate and Geico were running neck and neck when i found out that they were not having a contest just insulting the intelligence of those who occasionally watch some television.

The new dumbest commercial. A guy is shaving his head and says "I have hair but when I save up to pay my car insurance I can't afford a haircut".

Now I admit I haven't had a haircut in almost 20 years, I'm more a ponytail kind of guy, but how much do haircuts cost that you can't afford car insurance if you get your haircut? When I grew a beard 34 years ago I went to a barber and asked him to show me how to trim it, total cost $3.

It's likely been over 20-25 years since I went to a barber shop since I started cutting my own hair at home using the device you attach to a vacuum cleaner, first I used a "Flobee" now the one I use is called a "RoboCut", works good and likely pays for itself fairly quickly. Anyhow, the last time I did go to a barber shop the haircut cost $4.00 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
My last haircut cost about 25 bucks , with tip , I think it was. That was about 3 years ago. Before then , my last haircut was around July , 1985 , just before discharge from the Marine Corps. With the money I've save on haircuts , I've spent on detecting gear. :lol:

Even though I am pretty much bald, I still get a haircut when it starts getting shaggy. I look forward to it as the barber shop is where all us "older" guys go. The barber is a riot. Pretty much our version of Archy Bunker. I actually hope there are several guys ahead of me just so I can listen to all the BS. ;):p:laughing:

It's likely been over 20-25 years since I went to a barber shop since I started cutting my own hair at home using the device you attach to a vacuum cleaner, first I used a "Flobee" now the one I use is called a "RoboCut", works good and likely pays for itself fairly quickly. Anyhow, the last time I did go to a barber shop the haircut cost $4.00 if I remember correctly.

growing up I always thought that the Flobee was one of the most ingenious inventions ever and I swear their commercials launched the era of Infomercials.

I spent $20 at Wally World on a clipper set about 6 or 7 years ago. Free haircuts ever since for me and my kids.

growing up I always thought that the Flobee was one of the most ingenious inventions ever and I swear their commercials launched the era of Infomercials.

The Flobee was okay, but when the "Robocut" came out I liked how that version worked better.

......and the thing is it is pretty foolproof, I actually give myself the haircut and it turns out very good !

Back
Top Bottom