Record wheat harvest :update:

zach66604

Elite Member
I decided I wanted some easy digging today, so door knocking it was. I door knock a lot in my town and I always seem to have the best luck in my own neighborhood. My neighborhood is a mixture of mostly 30's and 40's homes with some older and newer mixed in. For some reason I have never asked to hunt the largest yard in the neighborhood, but today was the day. The owner said that his kids wanted to watch so of course I said no problem, so for most of the hunt I had an entourage of 6 children all under the age of 11. They were very respectful, and I didn't mind showing them what detecting was all about. By the end of the hunt the older boys would guess what I had just by looking at my numbers. I ended up finding 7 or 8 wheats there. I also found a silver spill with a GW and a merc. There is more area to cover there and I was told it was okay to go back any time.

Later in the night my family went to run an errand so I decided to make the most of the glorious weather. In three years of living in my house I have never seen anyone outside of the house three doors down. It turned out to be an older lady who had lived in the house since she was a kid. I started hunting and was finding wheats all over the place. I even found a few spills. Also in the mix was two silver dimes. It got dark before before I was even close to finished. I think I found 20 wheats there, and towards the end I was skipping wheat signals to see If I could find a silver.
I went back the next day, and dug every signal in that yard. I ended up finding 12 more wheats 9 of which were in a spill. This makes 32 wheats from the one normal sized yard. I also found a rosie, a war nick, two dog tags, and a junk ring. Not a single pull tab or piece of can slaw in the whole yard!

picture.php

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good day ! Congrats on the silver. Nice haul on the wheaties, Any good dates? Good luck and HH Mark

Payday

Congrats!!! I would be like a kid in a candy store. That is an awesome hunt.
Check the dates, your day could end up being even better.

Back
Top Bottom