Travel shaft?

greenacarina

I am noodling with the idea of making my AT Pro more portable and easy to assemble/disassemble. My goal is to get it into a regular size backpack as compactly as possible. So, heading in the direction of a straight shaft but i want something that breaks down into shorter pieces. Has anyone else already done this?? I'm sure i could figure it out, but prefer not to reinvent the wheel if i can avoid it :)

Thanks
Chris

Whites offers a travel shaft kit for about $40 plus shipping. Think you could use it, just have to drill holes for your Garrett box. I have one I bought for a mod project but haven't used that I would be willing to sell.

Jeff

Whites offers a travel shaft kit for about $40 plus shipping. Think you could use it, just have to drill holes for your Garrett box. I have one I bought for a mod project but haven't used that I would be willing to sell.

Jeff

I am interested! Can you pm me a pic or post a link to what it looks like?

ooo i really like that mars shaft! i will have to take a closer look at that!

I've just spent the last three years backpacking around the world with my AT Pro and ended up modifying it to be more backpack friendly but a lot of it is rough in the field work but it does the job haha.

The one thing i did change that i really love is when i was in middle of nowhere thailand i killed my headphones and didn't want to stop somewhere long enough to get new ones shipped in so i took the old ones and spliced a 3.5mm jack into the old wire and now i have it running down the inside of the stock shaft with the jack coming out of the little end cap. Its great for saving space because now i just use whatever earbuds i have on hand rather than carting around a full sized set of headphones.

Back
Top Bottom