Hello from Springfield Missouri

Scooterjim

Elite Member
I picked up an AT Pro at the start of the year. The wife and I do a lot of kayaking and thought metal detecting might be fun when the fish aren't biting. When we're not on the river we ride scooters, normally down to the river or one of Springfield's parks so detecting should fit right in with our other hobbies.
We were able to take a canoe trip on an 80 degree February day and I'm always happy to help clean the river, but I was hoping to make more than $1.34 in clad for the buckets of trash I hauled out.
My greatest find so far was on my first trip out of the yard to the vacant lot on the corner. It has been a shortcut to the gas station for at least 40 years and is dirty with can-slaw, pop tops, and pennies. In that order. The last hole before I had to leave a solid 90. I found a penny, checked my hole still a 90, dug one scoop and a 1968 Kennedy half rolled out. The dirt fell off of it and it was shining in the sunlight just as pretty as when it was lost. I'm still amazed at how clean it came out of the hole compared to a new coin. I'm also amazed a grown man can get so exited about finding 50 cent

Welcome from Buffalo NY , congrats to both of you , no doubt you two know how to have fun ! ,,,,,HH

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Congrats on the Kennedy half !!!!, I'm sure it helps make up for the can-slaw, pop tops, and pennies :lol:

I picked up an AT Pro at the start of the year. The wife and I do a lot of kayaking and thought metal detecting might be fun when the fish aren't biting. When we're not on the river we ride scooters, normally down to the river or one of Springfield's parks so detecting should fit right in with our other hobbies.
We were able to take a canoe trip on an 80 degree February day and I'm always happy to help clean the river, but I was hoping to make more than $1.34 in clad for the buckets of trash I hauled out.
My greatest find so far was on my first trip out of the yard to the vacant lot on the corner. It has been a shortcut to the gas station for at least 40 years and is dirty with can-slaw, pop tops, and pennies. In that order. The last hole before I had to leave a solid 90. I found a penny, checked my hole still a 90, dug one scoop and a 1968 Kennedy half rolled out. The dirt fell off of it and it was shining in the sunlight just as pretty as when it was lost. I'm still amazed at how clean it came out of the hole compared to a new coin. I'm also amazed a grown man can get so exited about finding 50 cent

Hi from Oregon, Jim!
My grandparents live close to Buffalo, so your post caught my attention. BEAUTIFUL part of the country! I miss visiting them!

Back
Top Bottom