Mojave In Tot Lot

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
Took the Mojave down the road to a tot lot. Thought it would be easy to dig and get more familiar with the machine. Found lots of clad and one junk jewelry piece. But the interesting thing is how loud and solid this thing sounds off on targets that i could barely find. I honestly got frustrated several times as my carrot pin pointer would not sound off and then i would swing the Mojave over where i scrapped the wood chips back and there it was loud and clear. I several times finally located some of the smallest metal pieces i have ever found with any of my detectors, nothing good unfortunately but i was impressed that it was so solid and loud and clear on some tiny objects that i could hardly or not find at all with my pin pointer.

I kept thinking i don't know if this is good or bad , because it took me so long to find what it was detecting! Then as i was thinking later this thing might be a beast on small gold flecks, i do not have any to try it on nor do i live near a place where i can hunt for raw gold. Now none of these targets were deeper than a few inches but neither is the wood chips that make up the playground. Just wanted to pass this on in case some of you live near a place you can gold hunt i would be interested in seeing how it might perform for that??

Anybody else experience this with their Mojave?

It will find the tiniest pieces in the mulch. Mostly scrap from the shredder/chipper. But that includes tiny gold earrings.
A couple tot lots near me are apparently built on landfills judging by the deep signals below the liner. In those situations I turn sensitivity down to 2 ish and it will keep it from hitting trash below the liner. A little trial and error will get your setting for your particular spot.

Noah

Back
Top Bottom