Toy Soldier mold

Pioneer

Found this back in the woods. The ground is still frozen past about an inch but the signal was strong and I chiseled my way through the icy frozen ground and pulled this out. At first I wasn't sure what it was but after cleaning it, I think it is a mold for making lead toy soldiers. It is solid cast iron, about 1/4 inch thick. Not sure of the age, but still thought is was a cool find. Anyone ever find one of these before?

Attachments

• toy soldier mold.jpg
    toy soldier mold.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 197
I had one as a kid, well it was my dad's..

Not just like that one, just a single soldier..

<°)))>{

Very cool find! We seldom see them come up! Most of us born before the 60's have made lead molds and fooled around casting fishing gear or whatnot...The Black powder days had a lot of us casting bullets too!...Even today, a guy can do a lost wax process just for giggles and experimenting...Man, we sure fooled with a lot of lead! I hear its sort of hazardous...

Thats a cool mold there Pioneer! What was it doing up in the hinterlands of Minnesota?

That is super cool. I've seen plenty of lead toys but never the mold for them. Congrats on that find.

Now that is an excellent find! :cool:

Looks like there are cavities for forming shells too.

That is something that The Antiques Roadshow could elaborate on.

It's not all about coins!

6b3cb7fe067e71a406a4603939cc432a.jpg
This is the only one I have found. Looking at that mold it appears to be about the same thickness and dimensions as those.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom