V4 Update Issues on certain machines

Did you update today's fix or were you still running the one from the other day? Like I said I updated my newer machine even though it was working anyway due to the code fix and possible secondary effects I was talking about.

No, Why do feel the need to make me doubt myself. Lol

Eh..I'll think on that one :) is the "fixed" code 4.1 or is it still 4.0 ?

In my ground tx power 3 adds nothing to my 10" deep dime,,actually it makes the signal a bit wishy washy sounding,,,tx power 2 sounds good.

My soil remember.
You might want to try level 2.

Remember,,,my 9" deep dime tx power 1,, 8khz, reactivity 2 silencer -1,,sens at 90 plus,,,very good signal.
Dead on GB.
I could probably dig 90 percent plus of the coins around here using just Tx power level 1.

No, Why do feel the need to make me doubt myself. Lol

Eh..I'll think on that one :) is the "fixed" code 4.1 or is it still 4.0 ?

It's still called 4.0 but it definitely fixed the issues on my older machine. If you just run the installer again and choose 4.0 it will install the fixed version.

Yeh I decided to go back to 3.2 and plugged my old reliable program back in there. I may try it again in a few months or so. Being from an IT background my gut says there are more unknown issues yet to be discovered.

Yeh I decided to go back to 3.2 and plugged my old reliable program back in there. I may try it again in a few months or so. Being from an IT background my gut says there are more unknown issues yet to be discovered.

What does your Deus meter read mineral wise in your area??
If more close to mid scale,,,enter V4.

I would try V4 on a hunt or 2,,,don't cost you anything,,,,set disc to -2.5 and rock and roll. You might like it,,,can always go back quickly if you don't.

Or try this,,,what is the worst site iron/ferrous wise you have ever hunted period.
Do you still have access?
If so,,plug in V4,,, and go to it.
Then I think you'll know if you like it or not.
And I also think I know what the answer will be.
Won't say yet here.

I appreciate it TN but it's not happening. I will keep an eye on your posts and others but I'm staying put for now. I do appreciate your efforts as always.

The mineralization is fairly low where I go.

Well,,this reactivity 2.5 setting,,,this is the unlocker on V4,,,whatever it is doing vs reactvity 2 and 3...like it is solving a masking equation 3.2 reactivity levels 2 and 3 just could not do.

Or said another way,,,these finds I have been finding,,,reactivity 2.5 struck them very well,,,and I put boatloads of time in this small site over last 6 years.
Show up with V4 Deus and boom!! The finds are popping.
If I could just tell,,the number of actual 2-5 hour sessions here in this site using Deus,,2.0 and 3.2 and some other detectors.
If I found 1 or 2 nonferrous whoopee.
How about showing up with V4 and nailing 18 In 3.5 hours first time out.

Uggh you're killing me buddy. Lol

I want to like it ..I'll sleep on it and go from there maybe I'll give it another shot but eating up my coil battery left me sour and if I do try it and that still happens I'm out for good .

You should be a car salesman.

Uggh you're killing me buddy. Lol

I want to like it ..I'll sleep on it and go from there maybe I'll give it another shot but eating up my coil battery left me sour and if I do try it and that still happens I'm out for good .

You should be a car salesman.

No,,I'm a truth teller.

Folks can't blame me for hyping a detector here,,maybe a version.lol

You see this site hunted only by me in last 6 years,,,I know exactly what has been in there for detectors in last 6 years. You want a measurement of this site,,roughly 45ft by 45ft.
I park my truck or side by side in the same place,,grave hard is near for landmark,,a little rise too,,,I have been hunting this same place over and over and over.

I never have found that much here,,,but with all the iron and nails,and knowing some history about,,,I just kept going back. So this is the why behind why I went here first with V4 Deus,,to expose it for what it is--- good or bad.
Turned out good.

This spot,,I talked to landowner tonite,,,I will continue to use it for other new released detectors.
Nokta relic been in here,,racers,,,cores,,Deus 2.0/3.2,,CTX,,white's v3i, etrac, impact, f75 ltd and DST,,,using various sizes coils hunted dry, wet,wetter.
Goal was to dig anything with any nonferrous tone signature even if shaky.
Less time in this site with Impact,,used in more in site across the road
Craig,,detector mo,,,said he was looking forward to my results.
I wonder if he is surprised since he ran beta version.

If I offered you a free test drive of a new corvette would you take,,,
Well,,V4 is free.
Never been skunked before detecting,,I have.
Could you be using V4,, maybe,,but have you wver I the past??

Btw,,in the last 8 months,,hunting here In this site,,the 2 detectors that were doing the best,,Impact and Nokta relic with small coils,,,I don't have mid sized does for these 2 detectors. Site seemed dried using relic detector and small coil though,,some time with impact exposed some finds,,but didn't want to gear all my reporting and testing towards just relic hunting,,so had to go to other sites with it.
More time spent across road I site actually by all these detectors listed.
This site from the get go here,,turned me off,,,across the road I found quite a bit more in finds.
Need to take V4deus to it,,but landowner just seeded,,so will wait until first cut of hat to do using V4 Deus and more with Impact.

Now maybe folks will understand some of maybe my could be considered bold statements here.
Deus V4
First hunt in site,,18 nonferrous find
Second hunt produced 6 nonferrous finds
Third hunt produced 5 nonferrous finds.

Last edited:
My primary spot is 4 acres, the trash and iron varies depending on the section but there's plenty of it and some clean ground too. I've been hunting it for years and I know it better than I know English as a buddy once told me. Lol

I did try V4 there first day and it was ok. It took some getting used to and still would but I have no issue with that. Basically the only issue I have with it is my coil draining way faster than it ever has but I will consider giving it another shot. Thanks for your detailed posts and time spent testing settings, always helpful.

My primary spot is 4 acres, the trash and iron varies depending on the section but there's plenty of it and some clean ground too. I've been hunting it for years and I know it better than I know English as a buddy once told me. Lol

I did try V4 there first day and it was ok. It took some getting used to and still would but I have no issue with that. Basically the only issue I have with it is my coil draining way faster than it ever has but I will consider giving it another shot. Thanks for your detailed posts and time spent testing settings, always helpful.

You are welcome.
How old and how much has your coil been used??
This could be a factor.
Tx power 2 is deep on V4.

I'm thinking if he noticed an unusually high drain issue (even while not in use), it was related to the buggy first release of v4. It's like when you download an app on your phone that has a memory leak. The app works but it messes up other functions on your phone.

I would love to hear from some folks here,,,how many times have you found a target using TX power 3,,, and then checked it with Tx power 2??
Assuming higher sense being run.
What were results here??
Curious.
On coin sized targets,,,not axe heads,,cans,,etc.

You guys might have while been speacking Russia! I have a HELLAVALOT tO learn!!

You guys might have while been speacking Russia! I have a HELLAVALOT tO learn!!

You can ask questions,,,if you want.
Seriously if it will help you understand better.
Some talk is more geared to intermediate or higher level detectorists,,but explanations can be made more simple and relatable for even new detectorists.

Back
Top Bottom