I Need Some Help on This Token

SmirkAtTheMerc

Elite Member
I found this token at a late 1800s house yesterday. It looks like a good luck token, but I want to find out more about it. It has a horseshoe that says "Good Luck", and a clover on the opposite side.

And also, these finds still need IDs:
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=277168

Attachments

• IMG-0614.jpg
    IMG-0614.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG-0612.jpg
    IMG-0612.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 508
I think what you have is an early boy scout token, and I believe they were from a shoe company that furnished the boy scouts with uniform shoes.

Is it aluminum? Some early good luck tokens were aluminum as it was a new product and was considered valuable. I have a ring promotion from Rooster shoes and it is aluminum. Whether or not yours is scout related, I cannot say, however usually BSA items have some form of ID to scouting on them. It may just be a good luck coin and nothing more. I would put it somewhere in the early to mid 20th century.

Is it aluminum? Some early good luck tokens were aluminum as it was a new product and was considered valuable. I have a ring promotion from Rooster shoes and it is aluminum. Whether or not yours is scout related, I cannot say, however usually BSA items have some form of ID to scouting on them. It may just be a good luck coin and nothing more. I would put it somewhere in the early to mid 20th century.

Thanks, I don't see any IDs on it. All it says is "Good Luck". It is made of aluminum. It gave off a faint 85 on my T2. I thought it would be a silver! :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom