• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Threshold

GreenMeanie

Elite Member
Can you listen to this video of my Threshold for my DFX and let me know what you think.

Since I made the video I thought I would post it. Right at the beginning you will hear some of the hits. They are random every time I test it but there are 5+ in this video.

This test settings were----
STOCK COIN PROGRAM
NO COIL CONNECTED TO BOX
DIFFERENT BATTERY PACK
Let me know what you think.

http://media.putfile.com/dfx-95

First of all you don't have the coil attached so right there that's not going to get you any real eveidence of a problem. The threshold is still stable but again without the coil attached and the detector ground balanced outside properly I couldn't tell you if there was anything wrong or not. Also , when ground balancing , you have to make sure that its not over any metal when you do it. Ground balancing inside cannot be acheived. Unless I have the detector right in my hand to test it for you I can't see the problem.

I figured without the LOOP not attached it should default to factory Threshold? With the coil attached I always get more hits high and low. And without the loop attached it shouldn't be able to receive anything right? or am I wrong which wouldn't be the first time ;)

The only way for me to tell if something is really wrong is to have the detector in front of me so I can go over it. Other than that I don't know what to tell you that I already have. The threshold sounds fine to me the way you recoeded it so I imagine there is nothing wrong with your unit.
Tony

hey greenie where abouts in connecticut are you , i've had my dfx for awhile and i might be close by (enfield) to help

Back
Top Bottom