something to ponder....or not .

StPetePaulie

So here's a question. Does finding a pair of cheap earrings separated by 50 feet of beach make them any less cheap? After the few moments of thinking "oh cool...it's the mate to the one I found 20 minutes ago !!...how cool is that !" I mean it's a cheap thrill at best. At least that is what I am tending to believe. It happens rarely enough (for me) so I thought I would share.

Attachments

• a cheap pair.jpg
    a cheap pair.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 393
Yes. It makes it even cheaper. Because you just exerted yourself an additional 50' to find...another piece of junk. Junk is junk....

I think that finding any pair of earrings is significant- if it can happen with cheap earrings it can happen with more valuable ones. :yes: I've found pairs of silver earrings but still looking for that set of gold ones!

I think I have found pairs only twice in one hunt. May not make them more valuable but it does add to the cool factor,

Yes. It makes it even cheaper. Because you just exerted yourself an additional 50' to find...another piece of junk. Junk is junk....

Lol. One man's junk is another man's treasure. Some of us like to display our junk :lol:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I think that finding any pair of earrings is significant- if it can happen with cheap earrings it can happen with more valuable ones. :yes: I've found pairs of silver earrings but still looking for that set of gold ones!

I did find a pair of silver teardrop earrings....many ...many years ago... I think it was before phones that could take pictures...

I think I have found pairs only twice in one hunt. May not make them more valuable but it does add to the cool factor,
that sounds true Felix...and Lord knows I can use all the cool I can get.....:lol:

Lol. One man's junk is another man's treasure. Some of us like to display our junk :lol:

:lol: ..... true....sketchy wording....but still true...

The earrings might not have a lot of worth but the accomplishment is pricelss!
A very rare thing indeed.
"priceless"....I sure can't argue with that. and I did get a 'oh that's cool" from my wife....which is not the normal comment I get when I bring a sand filled finds pouch of stuff...into the house....

Moral satisfaction? You did a good thing uniting two long lost twins. Perhaps, they did not even know the other one existed. Separated after birth...:crying:

Moral satisfaction? You did a good thing uniting two long lost twins. Perhaps, they did not even know the other one existed. Separated after birth...:crying:

You know.....the world did feel momentarily brighter when they were both in my pouch.....hanging out and reacquainting themselves. And to think...I did that !... I am starting to feel pretty darn good about finding the two of them. Thanks for that ! :lol: I will hold onto them for a little while before I toss them. I guess I am sentimental like that...

Tossing idea : go back to your beach at the waterline. Toss them about 2' apart. Go back in a week , month , whatever. It would be interesting if you found them again and how far they traveled along the beach.

Tossing idea : go back to your beach at the waterline. Toss them about 2' apart. Go back in a week , month , whatever. It would be interesting if you found them again and how far they traveled along the beach.

Hmmm...daring....risky....scary....filled with uncertainty....i kinda like it. Maybe I throw them into the waves....and see how long it takes them to find New Jersey.

I had found an ear ring over two hours before. When i dug its twin a block or two down the beach i wondered how it had gotten out of my finds pouch. Of course they were junk but it was nice to see the two of them togethere.

So here's a question. Does finding a pair of cheap earrings separated by 50 feet of beach make them any less cheap? After the few moments of thinking "oh cool...it's the mate to the one I found 20 minutes ago !!...how cool is that !" I mean it's a cheap thrill at best. At least that is what I am tending to believe. It happens rarely enough (for me) so I thought I would share.

The only think I can think of that's better is scooping a watch that is just like yours....then glancing at your wrist and realizing it IS yours!.

Back
Top Bottom