I've got some old maps you guys in Kiowa County Oklahoma might be interested in...

robby4570

Elite Member
I'm working up some old late 800s maps for Kiowa County around Hobart right now that I'm putting into maprika. If anybody's interested just respond here or PM me.

And, I might add, I found at least 2 old school houses marked on the map that are now just open fields.

Here's what I'm talkin' about...

If there's no interest, I'll stop wasting everyone's time.

In the first shot here's Township 7 from 1913

Kiowa Co OK Plate 003, Township 7 .jpg

And here's a zoom of one school (I've found 3 so far), on the left is the 1913 map and the school is the green marker, on the right is where it stood on a modern Google Earth image...

Kiowa Co OK Plate 003, Township 7 ZOOM .jpg

You might notice the red marker on the road is where the creek crosses the road in 1913 but below it in the modern image, that's because the creek's path has changed over the years.

So, like I say, if anyone is interested, I'll happily share this research (I have all of Kiowa County, I just haven't got it all in Maprika yet).

:grin:

I'd be interested.I have family in Snyder and Mountain Park.
I live about an hour away in Cotton County.Would give me an excuse to go visit....

If you use MAPRIKA, search for "robby4570" as a keyword, and you'll find the first upload. I am working on a second right now, should have it uploaded in a couple days...

Back
Top Bottom