Brass or copper blown up door knob???

cchrhia

Hi everyone. I'm very new to the hobby and could use some help. I have searched extensively online trying to figure out what this is. Of course my first thought was/is a doorknob. It is solid and heavy. It looks like it was shot or something. I am totally baffled by it. A little background on where it was found...It was found on an island in the south. The location has some limited war history. I think I am probably over thinking it and it is some old type of doorknob. However, the shank (???the part that sticks out of the knob) is solid so I am having a hard time trying to figure out how it would have been hooked to a knob on the opposite side of the door. Also, it has a little nub that sticks out of it and I'm not sure what that would have been for. It is rusted but it looks like the bottom part possibly has some threading but it is hard to tell. I will attach the pictures. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 176
Looks like a corroded brass door knob to me. Most were hollow, thus dier and the like would get in over the years of being buried, making it seem solid and heavy. IMHO

Back
Top Bottom