help...wild boar button

upstatedigger

Forum Supporter
Anyone know anything about this one....I can find the image, but no solid date info..Back says extra rich treble standard. Shank is missing.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo-88.JPG
    photo-88.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 264
Thank for the replies. Those are both the same, or very similar buttons. I had seen those when I searched earlier. Finding a date or any real info is pretty tough. It's 1 1/8 in. Btw.
Thanks again for looking.

Thank for the replies. Those are both the same, or very similar buttons. I had seen those when I searched earlier. Finding a date or any real info is pretty tough. It's 1 1/8 in. Btw.
Thanks again for looking.

I'm going with mid 1800's sporting button. Cool find.

10-10 Gilt - Sporting
BM "TREBLE STANDARD-EXTRA RICH"

Does the back look like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 245
Front ..Notice the stripes in the back ground of the front as well as the design around the rim looks the same as yours to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 206
Front ..Notice the stripes in the back ground of the front as well as the design around the rim looks the same as yours to me.

Yes, that is the exact button. I had seen that page.... Same button, just looking for more info. Probably you're right though, mid 1800's sporting button is probably as close as it's gets for this one. The boar is in pretty high relief.... It's pretty sweet.
Thanks

That is one neat looking Sportsman button with the wild boar scene! I found one "high relief" Sportsman button in a mining camp out in Arizona that depicted 3 hunting dogs tied off to an oak tree and was told that it was a Saint Hubert's Hounds Sportsman button.

That is one neat looking Sportsman button with the wild boar scene! I found one "high relief" Sportsman button in a mining camp out in Arizona that depicted 3 hunting dogs tied off to an oak tree and was told that it was a Saint Hubert's Hounds Sportsman button.

Thanks! I really like the detail on it.

Back
Top Bottom