Gettysburg Memorial Vintage Book

soughtseven1035

Forum Supporter
I just found a Gettysburg Memorial Book. It has a black cover. The spine is a little off, but the pages are in readable shape.

I was wondering if you guys knew anything about it or if anyone was interested in it. I might put it up for sale, just want to see what it might be worth first. Let me know.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 152
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 145
I saw first edition in mint condition people are asking 300.00 plus (asking not sold)
1st edition in good condition sold recently for 162.00

When was it printed?
If it is a first edition with condition issues you are showing it should still fetch over $50. Best way to find out is put it up for auction. Good Luck, phil

1865 is the print date. Yeah you read that right.

It does have a few condition issues, but it's not terrible by any means. I was thinking around $50-75 but I am not sure.

It says the revised version, so I am guessing it is the second versioN?

I like it and would pay 65.00 for it just cause I think it's cool and I would display it at the shop. You might do better thou auctioning it. HH, phil

It is a fantastic rare book. I kind of wanted it myself, but I really need the money more right now. I thought it might gauge a lot of interest here on the forum because I know how many civil war enthusiasts are on here. I just don't want to let it go for too cheap. I've seen one like mine sell on eBay for $162. It was much nicer spine and pages were not as yellow and tarnished as mine. I believe some of the pages are waterlogged as well. It doesn't take the ink away or the uniqueness either. It just makes it more authentic. I don't know what to do with it. If I was offered $100 I would probably take that, do you think I could get that out of it? I just bought a vinyl cover for it as well to protect it.

Back
Top Bottom