Small "rock" or gold?

RX8

Continuing to test the F19. Went out today for about an hour until the rain started. Picked up 2 quarters, 4 nickels and 4 pennies. I have found more nickels with the F19 in just a couple of hunts than I have with the F2 in two years.

I also found a small "rock" amongst some dirt and gravel that registered a 55 on the F19. Had a hard time locating it with the pin pointer. It is not magnetic. Is this just a hot rock (or based on its size - a hot pebble)? Could it be gold?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20150611_154217.jpg
    20150611_154217.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 571
Unfortunately I don't have a test kit. Any other way to find out?

Is the area know for finding gold nuggets? If not, then i wouldn't hold so many hopes.

Maybe you can try to sratch it over a sandpaper or sharpening stone? If it is gold it should show the yellow sooner or later.

I also find a lot of different rocks that rings and i always take one of each type home. I find it interesting also to know which kind of rock is it.

Cheers & HH!

At the beaches ,in my homeland , I used to finds small white quartz rocks in the sand with a beautiful bright yellow color within them .
It was Pyrite ,also known as "fools gold" .
In that case, the simplest method I know is smashing it with a hammer.
If it doesn't disintegrate , then gold not pyrite:cool:

Thanks all for comments so far!
Does pyrite / fools gold hit on the detector?

Gold ... not even close ...Woodstck

I am in Colorado so I am still holding out hope. If not gold what else could possibly hit a loud VDI 55 on the F19, hit the PP yet is not affected by a magnet?

Is the area know for finding gold nuggets? If not, then i wouldn't hold so many hopes.

Maybe you can try to sratch it over a sandpaper or sharpening stone? If it is gold it should show the yellow sooner or later.

I also find a lot of different rocks that rings and i always take one of each type home. I find it interesting also to know which kind of rock is it.

Cheers & HH!

you know I found a rock on the beach this morning that rang like silver. It was baseball sized but had lots of hollow areas, like you would see in lava rock. It was jet black. is that what you guys call a "hot rock"?

Back
Top Bottom