Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 02-10-2020, 05:55 PM

Default Tips for Equinox 600 at Saltwater Beaches

I just purchased the 600 today to replace my water damaged Ace 300.

I'll receive it in a few days but in the meantime, I want to ask the board for any tips that could ease the learning curve.

I detect beaches in Florida and want to get more targets at the tide line and in the ankle-deep shallow water. What settings would be ideal?

Should I buy a cover for the control box?

I want to make the machine more portable for backpack carry. Which aftermarket shafts should I look into?

The Equinox has a built-in battery, which makes me nervous. How durable are these batteries and can they easily be replaced?

Can I pair Bluetooth earbuds to the unit?

Thanks in advance for the help.

"Today is the day!" -- Mel Fisher

Old 02-10-2020, 07:48 PM
Supporter

I use beach 2 in wet sand, and beach 1 in dry sand.

Someone posted battery replacement notes from Minelab on here - looked pretty dang easy. I havenít had any battery issues and it doesnít worry me.

Hereís the link:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showt...quinox+battery

I bought a cover off eBay for it. - figured why not.

You can pair Bluetooth headphones with it - there are a lot of posts on what works well for the Noxís on here, even some aftermarket that are exactly like the ones that come with the 800.

For shaft and beach setting info, maybe post in the beach section where the salty dogs hang out

I have the 800 and love it. Congrats on your new machine

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2020 (Total (4/13 to date)) - Clad: $71.19 ($1045.18), Silver coins: 12 (38), Wheats: 32 (138), Gold: 1 (27), Plat: 0 (1), .925 6 (83), Rings: 13 (227), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Last edited by GroundSweeper; 02-11-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Old 02-11-2020, 01:12 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by beachclad View post
I just purchased the 600 today to replace my water damaged Ace 300.

I'll receive it in a few days but in the meantime, I want to ask the board for any tips that could ease the learning curve.

I detect beaches in Florida and want to get more targets at the tide line and in the ankle-deep shallow water. What settings would be ideal?

Should I buy a cover for the control box?

I want to make the machine more portable for backpack carry. Which aftermarket shafts should I look into?

The Equinox has a built-in battery, which makes me nervous. How durable are these batteries and can they easily be replaced?

Can I pair Bluetooth earbuds to the unit?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Congratulations on your new purchase. I also swing the 600. Cannot help you with saltwater because all we have here in Ohio is fresh. Here is a link for some Bluetooth earbuds. You can check it out and decide. I myself use this brand. Also it is my understanding that Bluetooth will not work once your machine is submerged under water.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=275442

Also here is a link for YouTube videos that I enjoy watching. He goes by the name of beach pirate he's an Australian that lives in Vietnam.GL&HH

https://youtu.be/ZzSurSlc-FA

oldest coin to date 1773 4 Maravedies
2020/(16) silver coins (1) silver jewelry (0) gold jewelry (2)IHP (19) wheat (2) tokens