70 gram gold chain! + wedding band

Joshc214

I've been waiting a couple of weeks to post this... had to make sure the area was cleaned out first :D

Not sure what's going on.. but this must be my year. Got lucky with a gold chain on my 2nd hunt, then the 4 carat diamond engagement ring, now a 70 gram 14k gold necklace! At this rate I'll have close to a pound of gold by the end of the year :cool:

Anyways, I managed to get out on an early morning hunt. Conditions were sanded in bad for a while and on this day I finally hit a beach with signals everywhere. If I had an excal this would've been a nightmare to pull every target, however luckily I had my Nox with me and only had to dig 5% of the signals :) After the first 5 minutes I pulled 2 small gold rings (turned out to be junkers), this got my heart going so I started to grid the entire area only digging targets under penny signals of 21. I honestly could care less if I never dig another silver item... at .50 a gram why bother? Another 10 minutes in I was out neck deep and got a nice solid low tone which sounded like a 12-15. This turned out to be the 14k wedding band in the picture below with white, yellow and rose gold bands.

I spent the next hour slowly and methodically gridding out the rest of the swim area without much luck. Once I knew I had it cleaned out I decided to hike up the beach to another swim area, this next one turned out to be a dud so I didn't spend much time here.

The last area I hit was a good ways up the beach, however, I've never had luck here so I wasn't expecting much but figured I'd give it a try anyways. I must have dug 20 rusted out bottle caps which all sounded like gold rings over an hour period... rusted bottle caps on the Nox have a really low pitch to them, more in the range of a small ladies gold ring or necklace. I always dig those super low signals just in case...

There was a post recently from a guy saying he wanted to avoid all bottle cap signals, foil, etc.. and only dig gold. Hopefully he reads this post and starts digging those signals lol On the next rusted out bottle cap signal of a 1-5 I was expecting another bottle cap and up came the heaviest gold chain I've pulled. I didn't get too excited at first when I saw it in the scoop.. looked like a silver chain or stainless steel, but as soon as I grabbed it to start looking for the marks I knew it was gold by the weight. The clasp is marked 14k italy.. passed the acid test as well.

Only frustrating part of this day was 5 minutes after the gold chain, right when I was in a heavy target zone my shaft cuff snapped in half on the Nox :( Luckily I have that 3 year warranty and Minelab took care of it. I'm sure it'll break plenty more times before the warranty is up lol

Marked off another bucket list find!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 960
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 831
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 840
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 847
Wow ! That's a chunk-of-change, even for melt/intrinsic value. Nice save !!

Beautiful Josh. Your killing it. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a hunt! Congrats!

Check please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow! incredible! congrats!

Thanks guys!

Wow ! That's a chunk-of-change, even for melt/intrinsic value. Nice save !!

Thanks! Yeah, its around 1900 in melt but I couldn't find a 70 gram 14k necklace on ebay for less than 3200, so I could probably get something around that. Not planning on selling it though.

:dingding: I can see why you were "taking a break" from hunting! :lol: Awesome scores there bud!!!

Beautiful, Maybe able to sell for more then melt..also. And good to see I'm not the only one holding to post...must have been hard holding that one back!!:shock:

Monster chain and great ring, NEVER going to forget seeing that come up in the scoop!

Nope never! You can't beat the sense of euphoria a find like this brings either... its that find you're always looking for but never know when it'll show up.

Beautiful, Maybe able to sell for more then melt..also. And good to see I'm not the only one holding to post...must have been hard holding that one back!!:shock:

Definitely! I'm gonna call it 3k and keep it in the safe deposit box. I don't often hold back on posting my finds but it's been really difficult lately with how sanded in its been...

You could slap "bottlecap boy" in the face with that chain and he still won't dig' em. Your story and finds bring back memories of yesteryear for me ! Thank you, The KOB

You could slap "bottlecap boy" in the face with that chain and he still won't dig' em. Your story and finds bring back memories of yesteryear for me ! Thank you, The KOB

LOL, you're probably right! Gotta dig those those bottlecaps, pop tops and foil signals! I've also found that gold rings hidden under rocks can give really bad broken up signals... dig everything in the gold range!

Only frustrating part of this day was 5 minutes after the gold chain, right when I was in a heavy target zone my shaft cuff snapped in half on the Nox :( Luckily I have that 3 year warranty and Minelab took care of it. I'm sure it'll break plenty more times before the warranty is up lol

Marked off another bucket list find!

first off. AMAZING finds. That's what it's about!

Nicely done!

Second... Regarding that cuff. are you using the strap that comes iwth it? If not, the cuff takes a whole lot of extra strain. I was replacing the Garrett cuffs about once every 10 months until I started using the strap. Never had to replace one since...

Skippy

You know you're doing something right when you start measuring gold finds in ounces! What a find!!!! :wow2:

Back
Top Bottom