First Field Hunt with Equinox 600

Hi jmaryt.

For me, the Nox 600 and 800 just clicked immediately. That is not to say that I understand these detectors yet. I don't. They have features that act "normally" like other VLFs and then they have features like Multi IQ and some unique filtering that constantly surprise me and have made me look at detecting, especially gold prospecting, very differently. The Nox will either fit you or it won't since you are an experienced detector user.

I was able to hunt in some relatively mild soil in Montana three weeks ago at an undetected park in a very small town. Ground balanced at 18 and very little EMI so I cranked up the sensitivity. I was digging some very deep coins including silver with solid, accurate numerical and tone IDs down to 10" and obvious "dig me" signals beyond that.

Jeff

living in new england,looking for an ''edge" as everything around here has been "cooked"
for a long time now.as i do not have time for extensive research to find sites,i am relegated
to open public areas.from all i have read, and videos i have watched, there "appears" to an
''edge" with the multi frequency technology.a lot of stuff is being found in "burnt" parks and
other public places.close to pulling the trigger.
jeff!..do you have the 6" coil?..if so, has it made a difference in dense trash?,or as some say the 11" coil is good enough in the junk!...thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Yes, I have the 6" coil and use it for gold prospecting. It does well in thick aluminum trashy parks too. Easily detects past 6" even in my bad dirt.

Jeff

thanks jeff! was wondering, since i hear "quite a few guys" say the 11 "
coil is all ya need for the junk!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Due to the depth of silver in a lot of the places I hunt the 6" coil does not get put on until I have scoured a spot with the 11" coil. I have yet to find a silver coin with the 6" coil after going over a place with the 11". These are trashy places too or I never would bother trying it. I have no doubt the 6" has it's uses, but so far it has not shown me it can do anything the 11" can't. It will hit coins over 6" deep in test I have done with it. I hope the 6" starts working for me, but so far I am not impressed with it.

Best of luck to you on your adventure with your Nox 600. I have had mine since the fall of last year and love it.
When I find an old house site on a map that is gone and all's there is a field. I try to find the noisiest area with bits of glass and pottery on the ground. Them I feel like I am in the zone to find some good items.
Square nail squirrel has some good YouTube videos on the Nox. He uses the 800 but the basics are still the same. Plenty of other good videos just have to look for them.

yeah, Square Nail Squirrel shoots good videos. Can hear tones, see depth and VDI. Helpful when learning the Equinox.

Back
Top Bottom