• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox 800 using 6”coil nugget hunting video

looks impressive.. I'd like to have one to take to Co. next month we may go to Wy also...

The question Is

Bet the 11 inch coil would have found what he did, comparison test's need to be done, the 11 will cover more ground to, when it all comes down, probably a good side walk strip coil , good trashy school yard coil, nothing special, i guess we will see, since TNSS is getting one, looking forward to what you find out Dave, Earl

Bet the 11 inch coil would have found what he did, comparison test's need to be done, the 11 will cover more ground to, when it all comes down, probably a good side walk strip coil , good trashy school yard coil, nothing special, i guess we will see, since TNSS is getting one, looking forward to what you find out Dave, Earl

I also bet the 11” coil will find the same things as that 15” coil you have been waiting forever on. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have pulled out soooooo many small items with the 11 inch that I just cant see the 6" hitting much smaller items. That's not to say that the 6" wouldn't be great near big metal.

BCD.

I have pulled out soooooo many small items with the 11 inch that I just cant see the 6" hitting much smaller items. That's not to say that the 6" wouldn't be great near big metal.

BCD.

The thing about the 11" coil is its so sensitive around the edges the detector is often hitting on multiple targets in trashy ground , averaging them together , tone warble , etc. As far as I am concerned this is the reason target ID , depth ID , etc. often seem way off. Even with that , the performance of the 11" coil is flat out amazing , unbelievable even.....if I had not seen it myself. But the less ground coverage of the 6" coil should reduce some of the hypersensitivity quirks in trashy ground. If the fantastic performance of the 11" coil is repeated by the 6" , the ability to pull the good stuff out of trash should be legendary. Equinox performance is already biting at the heels of the etrac and ctx in some ways , but in a high trash environment where depth is less of a consideration the smaller coil could potentially make the equinox the best possible choice out there. We think the NOX is quick with the stock coil but its gotta be blazing fast with the small one. I realize its still to early to say that though. Cant wait to see it tested.

Back
Top Bottom