• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

panama city beach found military dog tags

hrangelotti

so i went to panama city beach yesterday with a friend and my kids.. i metal detected a little bit and got a crazy signal.. i began digging and saw a necklace i was so so excited until i realized it wasn't a real necklace and it was somebody's military id tags. they look real from the us navy but i have no clue as to how to return them to their owner.. any suggestions? they have this guy's name of course and personal info and i would hate for them to get into the wrong hands. anybody have any clue i'd greatly appreciate it :D

They are probably from someone that's dead, I've heard they threw dog tags into the ocean when a navy man dies. Do some reasearch and if they are from a deceased sailor throw them back

If he went where he said he wanted to go, the guy is still with us most likely. It's a party beach there, most likely came off by alcohol... er, I mean accident...

lol thanks robby i'll mail them there. they were not that close to the water and not that far under the sand so i am assuming they came off by alcohol... accident lol:laughing:

Found lots of trash lol and fifty cents but there were so many people even right before sunset that I couldn't hunt a huge area or anything..I wanted to hunt the volleyball courts but those were packed too..oh well maybe next time

Speaking of volleyball courts, have you checked out the new courts over at Tom Brown yet? That is one nice setup! Four courts, plenty of sand, and packed with players or guys doing fitness training (I guess they think it's Tallahassee's own version of Venice Beach :laughing:). Now if only this lightning and rain would just stop!

absolutely lol i have checked out those v-ball courts but there is nothing in them so far.. i think the only thing i have found was a cheap kids camp necklace in there but its worth a try i guess.. i'm not very patient or slow so i'm sure i passed over a lot in there lol. i actually went detecting two days ago in the rain one morning :laughing: i needed to get out.. was getting cabin fever:shock:

Back
Top Bottom