• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Seven Grams of Yellow...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
For the past month.. I haven't had time to breathe... My mom fell and I have had to take her to doctors and other appointments as well as run my business do things with the wife... last Friday I went hunting and found a couple of silver including the ring marked Ster.. Today the wife wanted to go out for a light lunch and afterwards I wanted a coffee so we went to a local coffee joint... she went in so I started checking out the parking lot and saw what I thought was a bracelet... I didn't think it was gold until I checked it out with a loop I carry in my truck and then acid tested it and it held at 14k... I always check lots out as I have found silver and gold in the past... PI JOE found a heavy gold bracelet years ago and another friend found a 18k white gold engagement ring that had been run over by countless cars as it was flattened but the yellow canary diamonds were still in great shape..

Hopefully as my mom improves I will be able to hunt again soon. I wasn't going to post the silver stuff but I figured I could after finding gold even if it was on the pavement :lol:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 879
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 853
....and you didn't even need waders. :lol:

Nice find Craig, gold counts no matter where it's found.

That is a nice gold Craig... I'll take gold anyway it wants to show up...I have acquired a new love, chains, bracelets, grills and they have to be gold.

I'll be walking the mall parking tomorrow:lol:

I have even found gold in the parking lot at wallyworld :D

Congrats on the gold and well wishes for your mom!
Thanks digger on both accounts.

....and you didn't even need waders. :lol:

Nice find Craig, gold counts no matter where it's found.

Tis true Frank :)

That is a nice gold Craig... I'll take gold anyway it wants to show up...I have acquired a new love, chains, bracelets, grills and they have to be gold.

I have never seen a grill pulled up here Joe just grandpa's or grandma's partials :lol: the biggest chain I saw Robert found right after Sandy which was 92 grams of 14k... he said he almost skipped digging it because it sounded like a piece of junk.

Good job

Found change like that , but no jewelry, usually people never look down, Craig my mom has fallen down about 40 times in a 4 year stretch, I just bought her a rolling walker for her 84 th. birthday this July, which I already gave her , she loves it, she moves around better & quicker, the times she has fallen are without a walker & Cane, just be happy she didn't break bones , or her hip, as that's bad news's , wishing your mother a fast recovery, Earl

Cool finds Craig. Take it where you find it......:yes:

Thanks Curt....

I was telling OBN this makes 8 eyeball find pieces of gold... I like to hunt the snowpiles while they are melting.. one can find all sorts of goodies in them.

Found change like that , but no jewelry, usually people never look down, Craig my mom has fallen down about 40 times in a 4 year stretch, I just bought her a rolling walker for her 84 th. birthday this July, which I already gave her , she loves it, she moves around better & quicker, the times she has fallen are without a walker & Cane, just be happy she didn't break bones , or her hip, as that's bad news's , wishing your mother a fast recovery, Earl

My mom is 89 Earl and her leg was bruised from her knee to her foot... I also bought her a 4 pad cane to help her walk but I have to help her out of her chair or bed..

treasure can be anywhere! I'd have that repaired for your wife!

There is nothing wrong with the chain... instead of giving it to my wife I was going to give it to my girlfriend :laughing: Just kidding :)

Last edited:
Great job on the eyeball find congrats! :cool:

Best wishes with your mom too aging parents is rough, which is why I ride a motorcycle and refuse to totally quit cigars!

Congrats on the silvers and the eyeballed gold...nice job!

Thanks Bruce

Great job on the eyeball find congrats! :cool:

Best wishes with your mom too aging parents is rough, which is why I ride a motorcycle and refuse to totally quit cigars!

thanks Irons..

That is another great way to find the gold! Sweet. Hope things improve and you will be able to have more fun. I bet she is glad she has you.

She is getting stronger Bob... my main concern right now is getting her to eat regular meals to keep her strength up... I love eyeball finds even on the beach :)

First off congrats on the yellow, Nice job. My dad passed away 2 years ago and I am the sole care taker for my mom so I know first hand all that is involved. I hope your mom`s situation rights itself so you can get back to more successful hunts. Family is always first though !.....Continued success to you.

Back
Top Bottom