Cottage loot...

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Staying at our cottage on Lake Nunya for a long holiday weekend..

Did a little hunting today, best includes a 64 quarter, a paper thin wheat and an unmarked little signet ring that sure looks like old 10k.. Don't have my acid here so I won't be counting it till I get home..

Also found a cool old lure that probably goes back to the 1920s..

IMG_20150702_182848_zpsl5lwyzrd.jpg

Thanks for looking and good luck to all!!

<°)))>{

I believe you are off about 18 years on the lure. Look at Shakespeare 1902 lures. You will be closer!!

Sweet finds again!! Congrats. My GPS I put on your vehicle is not working. Please send me the address of the lake!

I believe you are off about 18 years on the lure. Look at Shakespeare 1902 lures. You will be closer!!

Sweet finds again!! Congrats. My GPS I put on your vehicle is not working. Please send me the address of the lake!

Thanks man!! My books are at home, could be Shakespeare, South bend, Heddon.. Props are unmarked, direction of rotation, belly weights, and measurements will get the truth soon enough..

I'll have to update this thread after I figure out the lure and test the ring.. Although I'm pretty sure the ring is 10k, this lake is real, real, hard on metals, and it came out looking like that...

Could be a heavy plate though...

<°)))>{

Those are great finds. Love the lure best of all they just don't make them like that anymore. It would be interesting to clean it up and take it out for a little fishing provided it doesn't get lost again.

Thanks guys, my wife is bringing my 10k acid so I'll know for sure soon...

<°)))>{

Good Job on the Gold Signet!One of my favorite!!

Ice, I forgot to mention something about your lure. After it dries out the wood will shrink a little. The glass eyes USED to have a small metal pin sticking out the back to hold them in. It would have rusted away by now. The eyes will fall out. Have on most of my wood lures. Losing one stinks and I did that on a couple. Maybe put it in a small sandwich bag so you don't lose them if they do come out.

The lure really isn't that big. Probably 4". Largemouth bass lure.

Congrats on the gold.

Thanks guys!!

Finding some cool stuff this weekend..

Ring tested good!

Here is a better picture of the ring...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20150704_105533.jpg
    IMG_20150704_105533.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 318
Back
Top Bottom