Anyone have experience with Surfmster PI Plus?

Right Brain

Elite Member
I have purchased the violet version of the Surfmaster series, took it out once so far and am very happy with it. Does anyone know what the pulse delay in uS it is? I know the DF is 15uS, research tells me the Plus version is 25uS, is this correct?

I have both the DF and the Plus versions now, got the Plus because it has fast SAT speed, boy oh boy what a difference! Doesn't seem as sensitive though.

I have purchased the violet version of the Surfmaster series, took it out once so far and am very happy with it. Does anyone know what the pulse delay in uS it is? I know the DF is 15uS, research tells me the Plus version is 25uS, is this correct?

I have both the DF and the Plus versions now, got the Plus because it has fast SAT speed, boy oh boy what a difference! Doesn't seem as sensitive though.

Excellent machine... one of my hunting buds finds a lot of gold with his... I believe the pulse delay is the same as the DF... its not quite as deep as the DF but the threshold is much more smooth.

The pulse delay again can be set from 25uS to 15uS micro-seconds.

Thanks Craig, it's much quieter in the surf, just that the coil floats even more!

In your opinion what are the differences between the plus and df in the water? Is the threshold smooth? How warm is the water you're hunting in ?

The purple unit is much smoother than the DF... my buddy bought a DF and he hated the noisy threshold so much he sold it after using it only once..

our water ranges from 32 degrees Fahrenheit to a max of 70/2 tops... right now its still in the low sixties... way too cold for those down south to hunt in without a survival suit :lol:

In your opinion what are the differences between the plus and df in the water? Is the threshold smooth? How warm is the water you're hunting in ?

Very simple, the Plus has a fast SAT speed, so the threshold resets quickly. You need this when you have the coil under waves, waves will constantly move the threshold out of place. If you detect calm waters all the time or you don't go in the water, you don't need this.

I find that the threshold is very jittery on both my machines!

I have found the new dual field to be excellent in cold to slightly warm water... Trying to get my hands on an older model but can't find 1... the tdi sl is a great machine too

Back
Top Bottom