• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

For Christmas purchasers, where to buy Equinox 800

The Traveler

I told my wife I wanted the Equinox 800 for Christmas. She said "just get it". Happy dance for me.

Now I have to figure out where. I would like to support a forum sponsor. Has anyone bought an 800 recently? Do you have some advice on who to call?

For background, I will use it mainly for hunting in saltwater. For that, the wireless headphones aren't important. Any other throw-ins would be cool.

Please don't post prices in the thread, it is a no no. PM me if you want.

Don't rule out the 600.

I went that route with a set of aftermarket BT headphones and have zero regrets. Ended up saving a couple hundred bucks that way.

Any of the Forum Sponsors here...just call and have a chat! I've bought gear from several dealers here that support this site with no troubles and perfect transactions..

You just find yourself an armorer you feel comfortable with.....price is gonna be about in the ballpark and should be of no major concern one way or the other....Have your card ready and dont waste their time with technical questions...Thats what this Forum is for! Just make a call or two and get a feel for who you like and PULL the Trigger!..

The best thing about this Sport? When I sort of mention to my Wife I'm thinking about getting a new rig, dropping some dough to upgrade....I get ZERO pushback! Encouragement in fact! She sure likes the finds I bring home and is greedy for more! She wants me out there hunting to my optimum for what little time I got left on this Planet!.....

She has seen me go through a lot of more expensive hobbies with no payback to her...this one is Different! She gets first pick, and She wants me finding HER some Gold and not hitting around a little white ball or bringing home a bucket of bluegills in a 20' $35k Stratos!! Turkey hunting? Digger please! She can buy herself a 15lb Butterball at the Piggley Wiggley for .30c per pound!! Not all shot to hell either! Deer meat? Are you kidding me? Good Lord! Any old dummy in Michigan can run a deer over! You dont need no blaze orange gear or a license or even a rifle!

You are over halfway there!...you got the big "Go Ahead"..so go ahead!...get the NOX800 rig and get out to find the treasures!... Whats $10 here or there on the upfront? 3 gallons of gas? A Happy Meal and a Half? Two HotNready Dominoe pizzas? Two Starbucks coffees? Hell! $20 is is about a 2gr 10k? Or about a weekend hunting clad in a totlot!

Fussing Aye! Dont worry about the pennies saved on the top, get your rig and dedicate yourself to making it pay! ! You gotta get out of the house to do it though...SOP whether you are thinking NOX or a dmaned old Bounty Hunter...

Hey, I'm talking to myself, I'm a price conscious ROI Hunter, I keep my tires inflated and am meticulous about where I hunt and how much it costs me to get there...My hunts have GOTTA to make pay! Looking back, my biggest regret is not upgrading when I should have, missing half a season...

Infield Results trump initial expense outlay....These rigs are money making tools!...They also hold a residual value on the down road resale, so its not like you are out your initial investment totally...$800 dollars today can still bring you an easy $500 in July if you went and sold it...all beat up and dirty to be damned....

You gotta have the right rig for the JOB! Those are the parameters! And here comes the NOX800...vetted by long time hunters way better than you or I that vouch for it...Time and Gold wait for Nobody! Hope this helps....

Last edited:
Every small detector dealer I have dealt with has been great. I hesitate to name them here because I know I would forget someone. Pick a few you have a good feeling about from either recommendations you get or what they have posted online and call them up. I bet you find they are within a few dollars of each other. Go with the one you have established the best relationship with.
And if theres anything else you want, be sure to include it in the order upfront too so you can get the dealer's best price.

And Merry Xmas! Looks like its gonna be a memorable one for you.

FlPhil is the man. Give him a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Boys were great to deal with and quick. On the headphones, go wireless! You will never go back!!!!
Wireless headphones will not work when the control unit is submerged.

They all have MAP pricing so see if one of the dealers will throw you a bone over the others. That's how I get sales on gun parts that have MAP pricing. And they can sell it to you for less, they just can not advertise it for less. Remember that!

I had a couple good talks with sponsors. I went with FL Phil (Myers Metal Detectors) because he took the most time to talk to me and gave me the best price on the package I wanted.

Equinox 800 + Grey Ghost Amphibians, scheduled to arrive today.

Shout out to Phil!

I had a couple good talks with sponsors. I went with FL Phil (Myers Metal Detectors) because he took the most time to talk to me and gave me the best price on the package I wanted.

Shout out to Phil!

Great choice all around. Great detector and Phil @Myers is the best. They are my go to spot for gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Again! You need to get it out from under the tree early to find your wife some gold! HH, Phil

Shout out to Phil!

Second that on Meyers Metal Detectors - Phil really comes through! My only regret is that I didn't go with the 800 but got the 600 - don't get me wrong; I love the 600, but wonder 'what am I missing that I wouldn't have missed for a couple hundred more'?

Back
Top Bottom