Had an Itch for Old Silver, so I "Scratched" It...

Grampy

Forum Supporter
Stopped at a friend's 1880's farm House, now apartments. I tried here last week but got rained out. On that outing i hunted around some old apple trees out front yielding only trash, and clad.
Today I hunted a different lawn. Located by the front door that no one really uses anymore. The wind was almost knocking me over, being on the edge of a large field. First 2 targets were clad, then A good high tone, but not unlike that of some clad dimes, flipped the plug and got a nice 34 Merc! Only the 3rd target! But I did scratch it a tiny bit on the back, oh well.
I fought the wind for a bit longer ending up with 5 quarters, few dimes and memorials.
Less than a half hour hunt, so I look forward to going back!

She looks good with the other Ladies of 2010!

Attachments

• DSC03064.JPG
    DSC03064.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC03066.JPG
    DSC03066.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC03067.JPG
    DSC03067.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC03070.JPG
    DSC03070.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 322
Thanx John!
I did like you said, didn't let the clad bother me, and payed attention to target depth, it worked out! Good amount more area to hunt there if the weather would let up for just a bit.

Thanx John!
I did like you said, didn't let the clad bother me, and payed attention to target depth, it worked out! Good amount more area to hunt there if the weather would let up for just a bit.
gonna be 60 all week! go get em tiger! nice merc!

That's not the kind of "scratching" you are supposed to do.:( Still, silver is always good. Especially at over $28 an ounce.:yes: Nice collection you have going there. Congratulations.

The cool thing is the Farmhouse dates 1880's, so there is potential for some older stuff. The Drive way has nasty old pavement on it. to bad.
Only hunted about 1/5 of the lawn the Merc came from, and a bit of the lawn inside the round turn.
My friend's mother is an antique dealer, if I have any good finds, she'll probably want a cut! :p

Back
Top Bottom