Is there a metal detecting app for smart phones?

Metal Detecting App

It is funny you should ask that. I will be releasing a new app in the next few weeks. It is for iPhones. We are working on an android app.
It will be called Artifact Tracker.

Has anyone been using or is using the ISmartdetect app? Is it worth the money?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Has anyone been using or is using the ISmartdetect app? Is it worth the money?

I haven’t used the app, but based on what I can find about it from the developer’s website and various other sources, I don’t see anything that makes ISmartDetect worth $10 to me. That’s pretty expensive for an app, so I’d expect it to “wow” me with amazing or innovative features. Instead, it just seems like a glorified photo editor/organizer. And most, if not all, of the features they are touting I can already do with my phone’s camera function. I don’t really see anything about the app that would make me want to part with ten bucks - and you can’t even try the app without forking over the full amount! For me, it raises red flags when an app is priced that high without a free trial period for folks to get a feel for what they’re buying into. It’s as though the developer knows that no one would buy the app after the trial period once they experienced the capabilities.

On the Google Play Store, the only review that shows up is 5 stars from a Richard Rodriquez. On iSmartDetect.com, a Richard Rodriquez is also listed as one of the developers, so don’t put much faith in the 5 star review :lol: The app is perfect...just ask the developers! :roll: Can’t blame the guy for trying, I guess :laughing:

I use an app called Tect O Trak. Is designed for metal detecting, lets you plot areas, log finds, tracks your path with GPS, etc.

I purchased and used Tect O Trak, too. In my opinion, it’s a nicely done detecting app with some nice features, including the ability to export the track paths and find locations to Google Earth. Unfortunately, as much as I like the idea of the app, I didn’t use it more than a few times in the field. My phone’s GPS wasn’t nearly precise enough to create accurate path tracks, so for me the automatic tracking wasn’t useful. For example, I was hoping to use the app to help keep track of curbstrips I had hunted, but I would regularly find the app was registering path points on both sides of the street I was working only one side of. The app does have the capability to manually draw path tracks and manually mark find locations which could alleviate the poor GPS accuracy problem, but of course that creates more work. And that’s the real reason I stopped using this (or any) field logging app - I ultimately found that I was spending more time fiddling with my phone than I was actually swinging the detector. Another caveat with this particular app is that the Android version was last updated in August 2017 and iOS about a year ago, so I’m not confident if the developer is providing any ongoing support for the app. The Android version is reasonably priced at about $3.50, but for some reason the iOS version is almost $10, as high as the iSmartDetect app mentioned previously, but the developer has a “lite” version available for free on both platforms, so you can try it out before you buy it.

Thanks for the input. I have the lite version of the Tech o track. Just wondering what others use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom