1st Hunt with Sand Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not upset at all. I like to watch you avoid the question. Im sure you know the answer to my question. If not you should because I know the answer. :cool:

ps.. I am published in two magazines, for my photography. And I actually took the pictures,I didn't use someone else's!

Integrity would be waiting to become an experienced water hunter before writing a beach hunting article and submitting it to a magazine. Pretending to be an experienced hunter to profit off of unsuspecting inexperienced hobbyists is the same as people that pretend to be Vienam Vets for self profit. You are more of a hypocrite. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=78194

How many rings good or bad would you say you found before writing that article you talk about in this post?

I remember that one :laughing: That's as good as his detecting 101 for newbies, but he doesn't mention to carry a spare coil bolt. I mentioned that he needed to add that to his list. The very next day Terry drives 56 miles to go water hunting and snaps his coil bolt as soon as he got in the water. But he knows it all :laughing:

Hey guys, What about the tiger shark I just bought? Is it a decent detector? I will say that all companys have quality issues at one time or another, just look at the big three car companys, thats why I drive a toyota:D I have heard that tesoro has great customer service? HH all.

You fellas are really losing it. This is getting funnier and funnier! Hotrod is upset because I am a professional writer that has been published many times for reviews and advice stories in several professional journals and magazines. Itsa is claiming a beautiful German woman leaning against a tree is a man, and the other members of the gang of nine have been reduced to just mumbling.

Getting Bacck to the Sand Shark, Awendaw, be sure to go back to page 12 in the manual and MAKE SURE you have set your tone frequency to match YOUR hearing the best. Do you hear high or low tones better? Next, set your pulse width to about 3/4 power (2-230pm position). Turn your threshold up to where you can barely hear it above the waves and wind noise - like a mosquito hum, and use the machine in NORMAL mode.

DO NOT just walk up or down the beach in one direction or the other! Pick yourself a 50-yard long beachfront, and start gridding it. You start at the wet sand high mark and detect right into the water thigh-deep, move over a step and detect right back up to the high wet sand mark.. Rinse and repeat until the whole 50-yards or 5-hours is done.

Thanks for the advice but do you copy and paste this stuff? I mean seen the last paragraph many times before word for word.

Thanks for the advice but do you copy and paste this stuff? I mean seen the last paragraph many times before word for word.

He's a copy and paster. Next time you see him post on hunting that 50x50 foot area on a beach, go to that detecting 101 article he wrote before he even stepped on a beach for the first time,and you'll notice he goes back to his article and copies clips out of it,instead of typing from his brain. You'll also notice who he makes money off of like hollandsbrook,etc. Anyone he makes money off of i tend to avoid sending any of mine. He's using this to make a living. If someone in the new york area could get with him and walk out on a beach to show what he knows about reading a beach, i think you'll find he reads a lot of books to copy what they said. And doesn't know where to point. You know how cheap someone is when they are a member of 15 forums,and don't pay a single one to advertise like he does:no:

Pointer.... oh no you didnt just buy a TS??? Just kidding, ive heard nothing but great things about it as a fresh water machine with good sensitivity to smaller gold you should do well with it. YOu are also right even the high dollar machines have issues and need repairs or mods to make them more efficient. Like anything else gather as much information as you can from those around you or reviews and read the techie stuff.... then make the best decision for you and your pocket book. Chances are it wont be the last machine you buy anyway.

Dew

DO NOT just walk up or down the beach in one direction or the other! Pick yourself a 50-yard long beachfront, and start gridding it. You start at the wet sand high mark and detect right into the water thigh-deep, move over a step and detect right back up to the high wet sand mark.. Rinse and repeat until the whole 50-yards or 5-hours is done.

This is where the lack of skill comes in. Learning how to figure out what part of the beach to hunt is where experience improves your chances of making a good find. No matter how much you learn all you are doing is improving your chances. Learning everything you can and practicing with your machine will only improve your chances. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut but not as much as one that can see with both eyes. :cool:

You homophobic guys and your nonsensical statements are getting weaker and weaker. If we had any real moderators, this thread would have been locked about 200 posts ago. :wow:

See Terry, a few of us are not like your crowd that you have conned.....we have been around long enough to remember when you were a fumbling newbie and that was just a COUPLE of years ago. Check out the date of your post, May 2011. http://www.arizonagoldprospectors.com/invision/index.php?/topic/170028-beach-prospecting;-adapting-in-new-york/#entry197052 I can see you don't like it when the truth hurts, do you? But you know both posts are as a true as can be. If I have time today, I'll see if I can finds those post about your coil bolt, like Tom did your Magazine article that you were so proud of all over the internet while some of us just laughed.

I'll go one step further on your comments about the mods, they should have ban you like other forums have a long time ago. This would be a much "Friendly'er' forum as all argument seem to come from only "one" member. I can't ever recall when a post like this did not revolve around you. You should be real happy another 3,519 people have your name in front of them from this post and that is just what your ego and underwear sales with your name on them :laughing: thrive on.

Keep posting your dribble in words and I'll keep posting factual links they are all over the internet and easy to find. Nice part, is they're your words, nobody elses.

Yeah and remember next time he's bashing ChicagoRon about his ethics. Who by the way goes through the proper procedure in England on finds. Terry doesn't even turn over the items he's supposed to in his own state:lol: Damn pot forgets what he posts he does trying to mess with the kettle:lol:

Terry, if you want to continue to call people liars, I will continue to show the truth.

Make sure to look at the dates of the attached posts. Of course you argued immediately following. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=850785&postcount=10

But the end results were http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=859977&postcount=9

Your ego is so much more important than advise from those that have been hunting for years. You will argue with ANYONE that has experience, from electronic engineers about pulse delays on down to a simple warning about a little coil bolt. Can't believe your buddy Rusty didn't even throw in a spare coil bolt :lol:

This is where the lack of skill comes in. Learning how to figure out what part of the beach to hunt is where experience improves your chances of making a good find. No matter how much you learn all you are doing is improving your chances. Learning everything you can and practicing with your machine will only improve your chances. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut but not as much as one that can see with both eyes. :cool:

Gridding a depressed beach front is a winning a proven tactic Tom. Strolling up or down the beach is just exercise..

Terry, if you want to continue to call people liars, I will continue to show the truth.

Make sure to look at the dates of the attached posts. Of course you argued immediately following. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=850785&postcount=10

But the end results were http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=859977&postcount=9

Your ego is so much more important than advise from those that have been hunting for years. You will argue with ANYONE that has experience, from electronic engineers about pulse delays on down to a simple warning about a little coil bolt. Can't believe your buddy Rusty didn't even throw in a spare coil bolt :lol:

Is this supposed to help you convince people you are a guru and I am wrong? I think you need to try a little harder! Seriously Canslaw, I could teach a 12-year-old to be just as successful as you on any given day in about two-hours. Beach detecting is the easiest form of our hobby - period.

Is this supposed to help you convince people you are a guru and I am wrong? I think you need to try a little harder! Seriously Canslaw, I could teach a 12-year-old to be just as successful as you on any given day in about two-hours. Beach detecting is the easiest form of our hobby - period.

No, it really shows that you are calling people liars when you seem to have a hard time "remembering" the truth. Your little name games with me will get the truth brought out and people can decide who the real liars are for themselves.

You have never heard me beat my chest about being a great hunter like "The Jones Beach Ripper (Terry Soloman)" again, your words, not mine. I do my thing and keep it to myself. I don't bring bus loads of hunters to where I hunt and NEVER will.

We won't EVEN go into the success of water hunting :lol: Your all of 2 years :laughing:

Gridding a depressed beach front is a winning a proven tactic Tom. Strolling up or down the beach is just exercise..

We all know about gridding. You said nothing about a depressed beach or how to read the beach to find a depression. Read your post before commenting on it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom