13 silver weekend, One of my best days EVER!

goes4ever

Elite Member
Saturday and sunday were two great days of detecting with my buddies.

Saturday I met up with DiggerDan for some farm house door knocking. House number one gave up a merc on the first hole I dug, nothing else but clad thereafter. House 2 gave up a few wheats and clad. House 3 gave up the 1888 indian and one more merc. Not a bad day, but Dan had enough and dropped me off at my car, which is right beside an old ballfield I have hit pretty hard this year. I told Dan "I have a feeling there is something for me in that ballfield today, I am gonna detect it for 1/2 an hour before I call it quits"

So I crank up the manual sensitivity to 29 and off I go, I get an absolute screaming 03-47 and I am thinking this is a half dollar! I cut a nice deep plug, flip it back and there laid a walking liberty half in the bottom of the hole! made the day a LOT better.

Sunday Mr. Stuff came up to do some door knocking and it was a GREAT 10 silver day!

house 1: 1890 seated dime, 1916 buffalo, 2 wheats
house 2: 3 silver rosies, 4 mercs, sterling ring, 3 wheats
house 3: 2 indians, SLQ quarter

10 silver and ONLY 5 wheats! I was SO CLOSE to a dime grand slam, couldn't find a barber to save my life!!!!! Getting the seated was the HARD part, uughhhhh I wanted that grand slam so bad! I had to settle for a trifecta!

Mr. Stuff dug 8 or 9 silver himself, he got 7 silver in the same yard I did, that was a 14 silver yard!

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

Amazing finds!! I love SLQs! I nearly had a dime grand slam but couldn't find a stupid Roosevelt!

Well I don't know about 250 but you are putting a serious dent in the silver population in your area! Congrats "You da Man" :wow:

Once again you slammed it. I've begun to follow your lead. Private homes is the way to go. Found three silvers at two homes this last week. So many homes and so little time to do all of them. Very nice and congrats.

Back
Top Bottom