~Super Six Silver Sunday~

goes4ever

Elite Member
Today was a GREAT day! I met up with my buddy in Indiana
(Joel Shappell)
and we first went to a bean field where a house once stood. There I got a merc, 2 wheaties, and the tax token. We decided to go into town and knock doors. First house I got the barber dime and nothing else but a lil clad.

On to house #2 the owner said it was built in 1936, perfect....old enough for me! It had a HUGE side yard and it was a corner lot. My first thought was all the neighbor kids probably played ball here thru the years. It was big enough for a baseball or football game.

First good signal was a screaming 12-47 and at 5" I got the 1928 SLQ and a wheat. Then a couple minutes later snagged a merc and wheat beside each other. Got a 1943 washington, 2 more wheats and a war nickel.

What a super ratio.....6 wheats and 6 silver! Thing that stinks is, Joel had to get home and we only had covered about half of the side yard. I am sure there is more silver there for a return trip!

Couldn't ask for a better November day, sunshine, spending time detecting with friends, and digging lots of silver!

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

Looks like a super hunt. We better take advantage of the nice weather while we can because the clock is a ticking. Congrats on all your silver! Good Luck on future hunts. : )

Super hunt!!!!! We have something in common:

DSCN3845.jpg

Yours is in better shape, though.

G4E....keeps going...and going...and going...and going................

Excellent finds! All I got today was two wheats, a crystal doorknob, and about 173 lbs. of trash. :lol:

Love the post. I'm 20+ days without seeing silver. Nice to see you get some. Big Congrats.

Congrats!:clapping: Had my own kind of a super six with six Kennedy's today but nothing like yours. Hope to hit a barber some day. Nice going on some great coins.

SLQ's with a date are tough to find! Great job!

This section of the Forum should be changed from Eye Popping, Mind Blowing Finds to Goes4Ever's finds :grin:

Door knocking is the way to go it seems. I'm going to try it. Nice finds again. You're quite the expert with that machine.

Back
Top Bottom