Newly minted member

Buscador

Hi folks....

Just wanted to drop an intro, as I just joined up. I'm an absolute ground-zero neophyte. I know little to nothing about detecting; I've watched a gazillion videos and wanted to do this for decades but just now am at a point where it makes sense to jump in. I have a friend who is into detecting and have gone with him, but just this week ordered a machine of my own (a Garrett AT Max, FWIW) after putting money aside for the past year+.

I'm a TN hillbilly who spent 15 years or so in FL, and have lived in Santiago, Dominican Republic for the past 4 years as a missionary. I spent most of my young life in the woods hunting, flyfishing, etc. - but there isn't much opportunity here for those hobbies so I've dove into a 30 year old dormant wish to dig things up :). In any event, I'm stoked to get my hands on the new detector and see what I can learn with it - and from here, of course.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

This might help while you're waiting for it to arrive -

AT MAX Instructional Video Part 1 of 3 (US Version)

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

Welcome from the Coast of South Carolina. One thing to keep in mind is that we all started exactly where you are. I struggled greatly when I first started as I could not understand what the machine was telling me. Lousy hearing did not help. But in time I learned the language of my machine and from time to time I find some real nice items. I prefer detecting the salt water beaches for Jewelry and coins Enjoy the Hobby.

Welcome! Reading your intro, You should like this Sport.....Being outside seeking the Lost....

We are all various forms of Hillbillies, so you should fit right in! The Cali guys call themselves "Mountain Williams", the Midwest guys like to call themselves "Curbstrip Cowboys"....The East Coast hunters call themselves the "Dirt Pilgrims"....Then we got the "Warm Water Babies" down in Florida, but nobody pays too much attention to them...:laughing::laughing:

Just jump on in and make a mess commenting on finds, thats the best way to enjoy and learn from this Forum...

Welcome from West Michigan Buscador! Hey amigo, You gonna love the Max, that's what I use most of the time and have found lots and lots of cool stuff.

Hi folks....

Just wanted to drop an intro, as I just joined up. I'm an absolute ground-zero neophyte. I know little to nothing about detecting; I've watched a gazillion videos and wanted to do this for decades but just now am at a point where it makes sense to jump in. I have a friend who is into detecting and have gone with him, but just this week ordered a machine of my own (a Garrett AT Max, FWIW) after putting money aside for the past year+.

I'm a TN hillbilly who spent 15 years or so in FL, and have lived in Santiago, Dominican Republic for the past 4 years as a missionary. I spent most of my young life in the woods hunting, flyfishing, etc. - but there isn't much opportunity here for those hobbies so I've dove into a 30 year old dormant wish to dig things up :). In any event, I'm stoked to get my hands on the new detector and see what I can learn with it - and from here, of course.

Welcome to the crazy house from a TN hillbilly still living in FL.

Welcome! Reading your intro, You should like this Sport.....Being outside seeking the Lost....

We are all various forms of Hillbillies, so you should fit right in! The Cali guys call themselves "Mountain Williams", the Midwest guys like to call themselves "Curbstrip Cowboys"....The East Coast hunters call themselves the "Dirt Pilgrims"....Then we got the "Warm Water Babies" down in Florida, but nobody pays too much attention to them...:laughing::laughing:

Just jump on in and make a mess commenting on finds, thats the best way to enjoy and learn from this Forum...

Wait a minute Mud. I resemble that remark. I'm a salt water hillbilly now. I was from TN but my legs are prettier here in the Fl. sunshine.:yes::lol:

Thanks again for the welcome, everyone. I'm wildly antsy waiting for the detector to arrive. By virtue of where I live, it takes a lot of time, "connections", and patience to get anything shipped down (and sometimes a bribe or two). Fingers crossed it'll be here in a couple more weeks and I won't be extorted by the Customs man (it happens).

It doesn't seem to matter that I waited for decades to do this; as soon as I hit that 'order' button I became impatient....

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom