Silver Coin Skunked Today. Did Hit a Milestone Though.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
200 Wheat Pennies FTY! :lol:

I don't care what anyone says. I still get a kick out of finding them!

Here they are. Freshly tumbled.

Attachments

• 20190411_194322_resized.jpg
    20190411_194322_resized.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 233
Nice job on the wheaties! I started to keep track of my wheaties this FY (started on 1 October) and just went over 240 for the FY but you had 3 months less time than me. Big congrats

Attaboy Stiffy. 200 FTY already, should be a great year. I just passed 100 a week or two back. Looks like your silver to wheat ratio is on par with right around 4 or 5 to one. I'm right in there as well. Keep it up and good luck. HH Mark

Holy chaffs of wheat, SW!!! 200?? I just found my 14th FTY today, bringing my grand total of Wheats for almost exactly 2 years of hunting to....(drumroll).....

....171!!

In a little over 3 months, you've significantly surpassed my entire career of Wheats! :lol: :lol: I'm afraid to even ask about silvers.... :D :lol:

Anyways, I still love finding Wheats too. I actually like the design on the reverse - maybe it's the font used on "United States of America" or the Wheat chaff themselves, but something about it just emphasizes that it's a coin from a different era. Plus there's something a little nostalgic about Wheaties for me - I remember that I could still find them fairly regularly in my change growing up in the late 70s/early 80s. Popping one out of the ground sort of gives me that same thrill I felt finding one in my change, and reminds me a little of those bygone days.

Congrats on digging so many wheats this year. They look great out of the tumbler!

Now I'm curious how many I've dug so far this year. I'll have to count when I get home Sunday from work.:lol:

Wow, that's a lot of wheaties! I don't even keep track of mine, but it's not even close to that amount.

Attaboy Stiffy. 200 FTY already, should be a great year. I just passed 100 a week or two back. Looks like your silver to wheat ratio is on par with right around 4 or 5 to one. I'm right in there as well. Keep it up and good luck. HH Mark

Thanks. You're right. Around 4 or 5 to 1. It's odd that the ratio doesn't really hold day to day. Some days I dig 15 wheats with no silver. Other days, I dig 6 silvers and 3 wheats. Overall, 5 to 1 is about what it comes out to. I keep digging those deep wheats. Sometimes they sound just like silver dimes.

That’s amazing for so early in the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yes! Milestones are always great. Lots of wheats so early. Nice

thats allot of wheaties for sure

Thanks! I've had a good run so far this year. I've been out a lot while it's still cool. The hot summer months wear me out. I hope to keep the same pace all year. I'd like to hit 100 silver coins.

Holy chaffs of wheat, SW!!! 200?? I just found my 14th FTY today, bringing my grand total of Wheats for almost exactly 2 years of hunting to....(drumroll).....

....171!!

In a little over 3 months, you've significantly surpassed my entire career of Wheats! :lol: :lol: I'm afraid to even ask about silvers.... :D :lol:

Anyways, I still love finding Wheats too. I actually like the design on the reverse - maybe it's the font used on "United States of America" or the Wheat chaff themselves, but something about it just emphasizes that it's a coin from a different era. Plus there's something a little nostalgic about Wheaties for me - I remember that I could still find them fairly regularly in my change growing up in the late 70s/early 80s. Popping one out of the ground sort of gives me that same thrill I felt finding one in my change, and reminds me a little of those bygone days.

Thanks AT! I especially like the old ones. I dug a 1909 and 1912 in the same hole last night. They are nice and green. Thought I had a couple Indians, but those old wheats are fun too.

Back
Top Bottom