I Pulled Out The Big Guns, Nothing But Rosie Dimes

beephead

Elite Member
I gave it my best shot today, using three different detectors and a lot of energy. All I managed to find were 5 Rosie Dimes, 6 Wheat Pennies and some clad coins. The good thing about the CTX 3030, you know when you have silver under the search coil so you're are not wasting a lot of time digging pennies. My e-Track also lets me know when there's silver under the search coil.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 393
5 Rosie day when they are silver is a good day no matter how you look at it. Nice job!

5 Rosie day when they are silver is a good day no matter how you look at it. Nice job!
Thanks! It's always fun seeing silver pop out of the hole. I'd rather see something a little older, but I'll take what I can get. Here lately I've been detecting some older sites that I've pounded to death to see what I could unearth with some new and different detectors. The finds have been few and far between. This hunt I took a break and hit some newer sites that I've not detected before because I needed a silver fix. lol

Love that mirror impression in the dirt
Some of them have a lot of detail.

beephead

Great finds Beep! How you liking the E-Trac?
Thanks! I really like the E-Trac but I like the CTX 3030 a tad more and I'm not going to keep both. I just wish the CTX had the same flutey tones as the e-trac and had as many search coil choices. Both are the two best 'old' coin detectors out there. Next in line would be my CZ-5 detector.

Three machines hitting five silvers is quite a feat! Nice work.
Looks like the 'nox called out a couple of those silvers too.
Thanks! I like switching things up. The Nox does great around nails and thick trash.

beephead

Sounds like a great hunt to me! Nice work! :clapping: I'm looking forward to finding my first silver one of these days (although, that would probably require the ground to thaw ;)).

I gave it my best shot today, using three different detectors and a lot of energy. All I managed to find were 5 Rosie Dimes, 6 Wheat Pennies and some clad coins. The good thing about the CTX 3030, you know when you have silver under the search coil so you're are not wasting a lot of time digging pennies. My e-Track also lets me know when there's silver under the search coil.

beephead

What a GREAT lot of rosies! Nothing shabby about that!

Sounds like a great hunt to me! Nice work! :clapping: I'm looking forward to finding my first silver one of these days (although, that would probably require the ground to thaw ;)).
Thanks! It's all about location. You can swing until the cows come home, but if there aren't any silver coins there, you're not going to find any.

What a GREAT lot of rosies! Nothing shabby about that!
Thanks! I worked harder trying to find the 6th one than I did finding the 5. lol

beephead

Beep, Great hunt. Congrats on the silver. If you were referring to the Equinox about iding.Digging pennies can be quite aggravating when you think you have a dime or quarter in the hole only to turn over a memorial. I wish Minelab would do something about it. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom