Makro Pointer Update

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
Have had it right at 4 months and haven't done much detecting. It has developed an issue sticking on if bumped. Talked to Metal detector.com and have to send it back. Something like this always happens when I have plans for a hunt. Hope reliability on these won't be an issue.

i use the pro pointer at but wanted to try something else (gotta have a back up) so i bought a makro pointer. kinda sorry i didnt get another carrot. the garrett is deeper and easier to use. the makro is probable ok but i dont even have to look at the pro pointer at to turn it on and off or detune it

I have had mine for quite a while. It is great all around except the controls are not in a great location. Otherwise I love it.

I've been too lazy to send it in. It still works but have to try not to bump it while using.

Haven't had any issues with my Makro PP, after reading this thread, I have intentionally bumped in a hole, I have dug with it, scraped the sides with it.. No false signals at all.

Some holes I use it in, I have to turn down the sensitivity, to narrow the location down.

I truly enjoy this product.

The buttons are easy to use, now that I know what does what... I make adjustments without looking at the buttons.

my Makro pointer is still working great. have had it around 2& a half months gave it several baths under the faucet.

Smoked

A Makro Friday with my Garrett AT, while watching the Makro owner, use both the Makro & my Garrett AT, on the same hole !, The At picked up the target at least two inches before the Makro even beeped :yes::lol:

mine still working.

I have had mine about 8 months and still working...Only problem i had is when i put the battery in backwards.

Correct.. the red button increases sensitivity the black button decreases.
You need to press either button two times in quick succession to change the sensitivity.

I can get six inches on the Makro PP.

:laughing: On what?! a car? :lol:

I won't use one. Have a hunting partner and watched him go through several. One was SOL fresh from the box. He handed it to me to mess with, I turned it on and it falsed every time it was pointed up. That #2 and after using #3 for a few weeks he sold it and went back to the Garret PP.

"on what a car"

Silly question.

It has detected from six inches in dirt and sand. Air tests, give it about 6.5.
It hasn't falsed on me at all. I bang against the dirt, I scrap the dirt very hard with it. I usually turn it upside down in my hand while holding another a tool at the same time.. (butt to butt), it doesn't false. It detects at 360 degrees, which to me is a problem sometimes so I have to turn the sensitivity down to see which way the coin is... (this happens when I have a small hole and the coin is very close.) So I turn the sensitivity down to get a better direction.

I am not knocking the carrot, I am not claiming one is better then the other. I'll let you experts who have used both, to judge that.

Jason

I will tell you Md-Mainiac & I were hunting Friday, he asked if I would check a dig hole , his pointer Makro, didn't pick up the target, but my Garrett AT did, his eventually did after digging a deeper hole, my sensitivity was on 3 max, not sure if his was cranked, bottom line , same hole, using both pointer's, the carrot win's, I would say Md Mainiac 6 inches :roll: , we will test it again bro., maybe you didn't have it turned up, so I will give you the benefit of doubt, Earl

I will tell you Md-Mainiac & I were hunting Friday, he asked if I would check a dig hole , his pointer Makro, didn't pick up the target, but my Garrett AT did, his eventually did after digging a deeper hole, my sensitivity was on 3 max, not sure if his was cranked, bottom line , same hole, using both pointer's, the carrot win's, I would say Md Mainiac 6 inches :roll: , we will test it again bro., maybe you didn't have it turned up, so I will give you the benefit of doubt, Earl

Earl, next time we get together, we can take a few minutes and do some 'scientific' testing... :)

I here ya

But I don't get involved in testing to extreme, as I leads to issues on here, but I have no problem if I am using products in the field , and one flat out performs the other , I will tell the member's, I think I made a good call today, only got about 4 hour sleep, and crashed till 3pm, now I feel great, my dog & bird , were going round for round last night :lol:, at 3am I was on the forum :lol:, after 3 cups of coffee at 9am , I still felt like !!!!, so high 80s , high humidity & sun in the middle of a field, most likely would have been like Friday for me, I will keep an eye on the weather, as like I told you summer time is water hunting mostly, sometimes you do get a few day's of weather relief in the summer, but wow, it's been tough so far, the house with the AC cranked is nice lol, later bro., Earl

But I don't get involved in testing to extreme, as I leads to issues on here, but I have no problem if I am using products in the field , and one flat out performs the other , I will tell the member's, I think I made a good call today, only got about 4 hour sleep, and crashed till 3pm, now I feel great, my dog & bird , were going round for round last night :lol:, at 3am I was on the forum :lol:, after 3 cups of coffee at 9am , I still felt like !!!!, so high 80s , high humidity & sun in the middle of a field, most likely would have been like Friday for me, I will keep an eye on the weather, as like I told you summer time is water hunting mostly, sometimes you do get a few day's of weather relief in the summer, but wow, it's been tough so far, the house with the AC cranked is nice lol, later bro., Earl

No, no, you misunderstand.. i quoted scientific to be sarcastic.. we can just throw a quarter on the ground and see which one picks it up from which distance.

:laughing: On what?! a car? :lol:

I won't use one. Have a hunting partner and watched him go through several. One was SOL fresh from the box. He handed it to me to mess with, I turned it on and it falsed every time it was pointed up. That #2 and after using #3 for a few weeks he sold it and went back to the Garret PP.

That's good! I wondered if it was a car or a can too.

Back
Top Bottom