Upgrade to better machine.

Cav

Ive been using a BH 101-505pro since Ive been detecting for the last 6yrs I want to upgrade to a better detector. Ive looked into Garrett AT Pro and Whites VX3, i do some coin shooting But i prefer relic and going for deep signals. I would like to also have the options for larger coils too.

and some of the places are near rivers so i do need depth

For less than 1200 you could find a fine V3i or Etrac. The internet pricing is MAP pricing, and if you ask the sponsors (over the phone) they could be flexible.

If you were hunting parks and public places I would probably go with the Etrac, that machine is suppose to be killer on deep silver. I chose the V3i since I do more relic hunting around abandoned home sites.

Their are many choices, those two seem to be the tops in that price range IMHO.
If you have 1200 to spend you might as well get the best machine you can afford and based on most info studied, the multi frequency machines are much better at identifying targets more accurately.

hmm etrac and v3i i was looking at the latter at the two what kinda depth do you get for small objects like say a pistol ball .36

Waiting for thawed ground to try out the V3i, I just got it two months ago. So I cannot tell you from experience.

I was given a disease from my father, I have challenges with parting with my money. LOL. my knowledge of these two machines is from about 7-8 months of reading, watching videos and talking to dealers.

Based on what I've learned, if you can afford a multi frequency machine, get it. You will get many opinions here and mine is just one of them. I started with a ace 350, then the ATPro and now the V3i. While I loved my ATPro and enjoyed using and will not sell it. The technology is "toyish" compared to the v3i. It's about like comparing a slider phone to a smart phone.

Again not to offend anyone just my opinion.

If your relic hunting which sounds like you are than I would say a t2 or f75 or even a deus lite. Nokta fors core isn't to bad either

I use to use a bounty hunter sharpshooter it is the same as a 505. Then I went to a Minelab x-terra 50. What a difference in finds. It made all my old places new again. Now I have a xterra 70. The at pro I think would be good too. I don't think I would get the v3 that it just to big of a curve difference than the 505.

I personally use a ctx 3030 but I do mostly old parks, home sites, etc. with my main objective to get past the trash and find coins. What you describe with old ghost towns and pioneer sites, looking for relics and possible coins I would suggest the xp deus. I've never used one but the consensus seems to be that they have great separation, good depth, and are very light weight. The separation should be good for your site because I assume they are full of iron like most truly old sites. Plus I assume it's a bit of a hike to get to the areas so the light weight would be nice. If you were looking to pass all the targets you possibly can and dig coins only then I would say ctx 3030. Give Bart or Evan at "Big Boys Hobbies" a call and they will talk to you about your style hunting and help set you up right. Don't forget to mention the forum here when talking pricing. ;)

the ctx 3030 is a little rich for my blood. t2 is a good one that's what my father runs. and he and i hunt the same well i guess a may go with one of those i already know how to work it so i know the machine and theres plenty of larger coils also for it im gonna research some more if y'all have any others up to 1200 let me know and ill look into them ill check out big boys i had been looking at kellyco do big boys do military discount by any chance lol

I actually found a pistol ball with a DFX this past summer. It was down 5-6 inches. That was a good machine but just had too many adjustment settings for my liking. I swing a 705 with a 10.5 DD coil now and really like it. The 705 is a great machine for the money.

i actually found a pistol ball with a dfx this past summer. It was down 5-6 inches. That was a good machine but just had too many adjustment settings for my liking. I swing a 705 with a 10.5 dd coil now and really like it. The 705 is a great machine for the money.

Waiting for thawed ground to try out the V3i, I just got it two months ago. So I cannot tell you from experience.

I was given a disease from my father, I have challenges with parting with my money. LOL. my knowledge of these two machines is from about 7-8 months of reading, watching videos and talking to dealers.

Based on what I've learned, if you can afford a multi frequency machine, get it. You will get many opinions here and mine is just one of them. I started with a ace 350, then the ATPro and now the V3i. While I loved my ATPro and enjoyed using and will not sell it. The technology is "toyish" compared to the v3i. It's about like comparing a slider phone to a smart phone.

Again not to offend anyone just my opinion.

I value your opinion and I like the "toyish"quote..:laughing::laughing::lol:

You might also want to take a look at the Whites MXT. It's a good deep seeking relic and coin machine. I really like mine and my last detector was a DFX. I find the MXT more stable, simpler, and deeper.

I own both the V3i and E-trac. If you want to relic hunt often then get the V3i, it's a better all around detector. The E-trac is an awesome deep silver/coin detector, but for relics I will always go with the V3i. I find the E-trac and V3i to have comparable depth, the V3i is just setup better for relic hunting, and can be adjusted to just about any type of hunting you could ever wish to do. You can probably find a new V3i for around $1200. I bought a refurbished model which White's sells from Phil at Myers Detectors for well under $1200 that included brand new Pro-Star headphones which retail for $120 alone. When I say refurbished it was new in the box, sealed accessories, and full 2 year warranty from White's. Most of the refurb models are dealer returns that can't be resold as new, even if they are new. But like I said you could probably find a new one for $1200 or so, maybe less. It's a much better option than the VX3, the accessories alone make up for the difference. With the V3i you get a DD coil, and a rechargeable battery system. which will cost like $350-$400 when you buy them for the VX3. Also the V3i has the expert menu which has a lot of option which you might like for relic hunting. Definitely go with the V3i, the VX3 is good but the V3i has much more to offer in function and accessories.

I relic and coin hunt with the V3i, E-trac, and F75 so feel free to PM me with any questions. I'm not a pro by any means but I spend a lot of time getting to learn them all. They're all within your price range new as well.

Back
Top Bottom