Makro Racer availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard some folks are getting units sent to them free to test them

It's not unusual for detector manufacturers to do that as part of their product launch. Some have even done it prior to the product launch, simply to get performance feedback from experienced detectorists, under different soil conditions.

OK, you spec worms and detector gu ru's. Since the announcement I have tried to look and see a like priced machine that not only exceeded the claims but has somewhat better performance. This data was not taken from my actual use of either but from reported results by other users. Of course two different electronic devices will definitely have different traits. The detector that I have chosen (price wise) to compete is the Fisher F-19. It does not have the headlight but the Racer does not have a 5 year warranty. There are also several other lesser priced competitors that spec wise may very well give the racer a run for the money. Then we have that made in America thing also we should also think about. Availability is the question that was asked and these suggested machines are available right now and through sponsors of this forum. This is worth a thought, what do you think?

I think Makro is targeting the AT Pro market with the Racer myself. The AT Pro was a home run for Garrett. I haven't heard all that much about the F-19.

That Southern fellow seems to be very knowledgeable and here is something he said that kind of mirrors what my little research told me.

"I feel the F19 is going to be the competiton machine for the Racer...close to the same price close to same performance in dirt aslo I feel from what im seeing...

Racer has three tones but F19 has notching and variable tone break ...though the Racer really does not need that it so seems...also the small coil on the Racer is more powerful against small F19 coil.."

"Keith"

if they shipped it on March 15 then two weeks transpo to the US so im looking at first week of April to the distributors - 2nd week to the consumers. perfect for the Snow to melt! around the 3rd week, videos and opinions from the General public will be out on youtube...

if they shipped it on March 15 then two weeks transpo to the US so im looking at first week of April to the distributors - 2nd week to the consumers. perfect for the Snow to melt! around the 3rd week, videos and opinions from the General public will be out on youtube...

They have to go through customs and that can be a VERY drawn our process. I would not go by theses dates.

Shortcut, Just call Bart and order a F19. You would have it and logged many hours by the time the other unit clears customs. You would also get three more years warranty, have the satisfaction that you bought American, and get great support. It might even save the settings :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom