Belts & Pouches

brooklynct2003

I am looking for ideas for digging tool belts & pouches to store finds in. Any recommendations? What is everyone using?

The one I use is called the Surf Hunter... scroll down and you will see it.

It has a deep pocket in the back for trash and the sand filters right out of it and a small pocket in the front for good stuff... rings and coins.

http://predatortools.com/pouches.htm

Go to home depot or lowes and look at tool belts. They have all kinds. I bought oen with a pve clip nice padded belt very comfortable. They are worth a look. Also the prices are decent.

I make My own Leather tool holders.First I went to My local Harbor Freight in the area & bought a nylon tool belt. I then went to a large Leather goods supplier here in Buffalo,NY & talked to the owner who was VERY helpful as I told Her My dilema as I first wanted to make a leather holder for My digging tool..a Fiskars garden trowl,so She showed Me some thick leather to use & told me that once I cut the leather to the size of the digging tool I then punch holes in the leather & use "Jiffy Rivets" to hold the 2 pcs. of Leather together....then I inserted My Fiskars digging tool into the pouch & then wet the Leather & formed the Leather to the shape of the digging tool & when the pouch dried it was the same shape as the digging tool...then I dyed the leather & then used "Sno-Seal" (Beeswax Waterproofing) on the leather to preserve the leather & keep its new shape if it gets wet. Looks great & will last a long time!

Cfmct-PI said:

It has a deep pocket in the back for trash and the sand filters right out of it and a small pocket in the front for good stuff... rings and coins.

I looked at Predator Tools and ordered the Gold Hunter model instead of the Surf model. It still has a mesh bottom for dirt, sand and water to filter through. I do alot more turf than I do surf, so I think that model will work best for me.

Thanks to everyone else for suggestions. I prefer the mesh bottom vs canvas or leather to allow dirt, sand and water to filter out of the pouch.

I use a regular nailbag. 1 side trash, 1 side treasure. They're a dime-a-dozen, you can buff finds on-site without worrying about ruining it, and you can turn it insideout & wash it.

i use a hunting game bag made by ALLEN. found it a sporting goods store. it has 3 compartments. the large inside one has mesh. this is the one that i put my trash in. the middle is for the digger and the small outside one is for the coins. the digger is one that i bought at lowes for 10.00 that i serrated the edges by grinding notches into the side. just pressed it against the edge of the stone on my grinder. i also sharpened the edges with the grinder. makes for much easier digging.

Attachments

• digger.jpg
    digger.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 614
  • bag3.jpg
    bag3.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 509
brooklynct2003 said:
Cfmct-PI said:

I looked at Predator Tools and ordered the Gold Hunter model instead of the Surf model. It still has a mesh bottom for dirt, sand and water to filter through. I do alot more turf than I do surf, so I think that model will work best for me.

Thanks to everyone else for suggestions. I prefer the mesh bottom vs canvas or leather to allow dirt, sand and water to filter out of the pouch.

last night I ordered the bags mentioned above ... thanks for the link and recommendations

Jim

brooklynct2003 said:
Cfmct-PI said:

last week I placed an order with Predator Tools for both the bags mentioned above (one of my sons needs such a bag for use at his work) ... in looking them over, they both appear to be well made ... I chose to keep the Gold Hunter because it has more pockets to hold things like digging tools ... it should be noted the Gold Hunter does come with a belt that in their ad isn't shown or mentioned ... I'd rate the service from Predator as being excellent

Jim

I got my Gold Hunter in the mail yesterday and agree with others. It's a great pouch.

Enough pockets for digging tools, pinpointer, finds and trash.
Mesh bottom for the sand and water to filter through.
Rugged construction and belt included. The belt is a quick release plastic clip design.

I highly recommend it.

I use a linemans tool and parts pouch. I cut one thread seam to make a pocket inside big enough for my digger and pruners. It works real well for me

Attachments

• th_pouch1a.jpg
    th_pouch1a.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 489
  • th_pouch2a.jpg
    th_pouch2a.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 487
  • th_pouch3a.jpg
    th_pouch3a.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 484
Back
Top Bottom