Using A Vibra Probe?

cableguy417

i haven't been able to use it yet but i was wondering who has one and how well does it work? thanks keith

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: WELL, TONY SENT ME MY VIBRA PROBE

my experience with it is that it works great but wish it had a little more depth. i usually stick my digger in the ground and give it a good twist. then shove the probe into the loose dirt and root around to see if i can find the target. works most of time. if not, then i scoop out some dirt and probe some more. i have to be closer than a 1/4 inch for dimes in the soil that i dig in for it to go off. if i have a coin that seems to be right at the surface i'll just poke around with it and will sometimes locate it without digging. i have a hard time pinpointing with with the 250 if the coin is right at the surface.

It took a little time but I am liking my Vibra Probe better than my Bullseye now :lol:

The Vibra Probe is the only pinpointer i have owned, and i don't know how i ever detected without it. It's very sturdy, and when it gets dirty i just wash it in the sink.

I read on a forum somewhere that the safety cap from a Poland Spring Sport bottle will fit over the tip of the Vibra Probe for extra protection. It's a very tight fit. I heated my cap with a hair dryer then pushed it onto the end of the probe.

I started with a BullseyeII and found it great until the switch went funny. I just got a vibraprobe and find it less sensitive with a depth of about 1in. as opposed to 1 1/2in. with the Bullseye, and it only detects at the tip. I'm going to send the Bullseye off for repair because its under warrente, and try to bond with the probe.

Is there no way to juice up the Vibra Probe like you can with a Bullseye? My new BE will kick in at an inch and a half no prob. It has a sensitivity button on the outside. The old BE I had (and Lost, dammit :mad:) could do the same except I had to take it apart to do what I do on the outside now. The way I grind it into the sand and shells down here, I will wear it out in 2 years......Gil

Back
Top Bottom