Back on some old property **silver**

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Finally got back on some old property I hunted a few years ago. Matter of fact its where I found my only Morgan dollar and my first two silver coins.
This hunt started out slow, first hour I didn't dig anything but trash. Then hit a few IHP. YAHOO on the board. Ended up finding (3) IHP and (5) Wheat pennies before I ever heard that SWEET sound the 3030 makes when it detects SILVER. Got a strong 12/47 about 6" and out comes the first Barber Quarter, 1895.YAHOOO!!! Went about another hour, only finding IHP, (6) more !!!! Found an old button. Has writing on it but haven't deciphered it yet. Also found a shot bullet. Has that old white patina. Then I heard that sweet tone again, 12/46, , about 9". The 1896 Barber quarter made its appearance . I bet it hasn't seen the light in 100 years. I went a long time without finding a Barber quarter. Now two out of the last three hunts I have found (3). About the time I filled the plug the rain started so cut my hunt short. BUT 16 coin day is a GREAT HUNT for me, eleven of them were at least 100 years old !!! AND, I'll be back.

I ran the CTX3030 in Coins, Combined tones, +3, Fast on, Ferrous Coin.

Attachments

• 04132019 hunt.jpg
    04132019 hunt.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 364
  • 04132019 hunt2.jpg
    04132019 hunt2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 295
Congrats on the nice digs.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Jerry that was one very fine outing. Congrats on the Barber Quarters, the large tribe of Indians along with the Wheat's. A very impressive presentation. Gotta love the CTX. Trapper

Nice. Love finding them barbers. Congrats
Thank You. I LOVE Barber coins.

Excellent job!
Thank You

:woohoo: Congrats Jerr .. good to see you out and about digging ..love them silver !!
Thanks Dragon hope you are getting out also !!!!

Congrats on the nice digs.Thank You

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Congrats on all the fine recoveries!
Thank You

Jerry that was one very fine outing. Congrats on the Barber Quarters, the large tribe of Indians along with the Wheat's. A very impressive presentation. Gotta love the CTX. Trapper
Thanks Trapper. I LOVE THE CTX. IMHO, very best coin shooting machine on the market today !!!!!

Lov them tribe of injuns
Thanks Joee

Very good hunt! I like seeing that many oldies. Thank You

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'll say you did quite well for a short hunt. Congrats on a stellar day. HH Mark
Thanks Mark

Back
Top Bottom