I LOVE our new hunting location

Call Me V

I don't think it's ever been hunted!

We hadn't planned on doing anything until this weekend (which is another story), but an extended power outage at the school prompted an early release, so Mark and I grabbed our detectors and went to the field we've been trying to hunt. But each time we go out something stops us from hunting very long -- cut fingers, rude soccer players, etc. So we went out today with the expectation of having all afternoon. Unfortunately, my dance coach called an early dance team practice so I have to be there shortly. We only got about 45 minutes of hunting in. But that didn't mean it didn't produce.

Today I pulled another ring out.

It rang up in the low 40's with a clean sound. And it came out of the ground from about 4" down nice and shiny. It's a big men's ring, and I can see why it was lost. It's all smooth and rounded inside.

Once again, however, it has no hallmark inside. It's just a growing number of silver rings I'll have to test when I finally buy a test kit.

The field where we've been hunting has been a treasure chest. In approximately 3 hours of searching I've found 54 coins (nothing old), three rings, and only 17 pulltabs/bottle caps. Of course, I have found a gazillion pieces of can slaw, but I'm starting to learn how they sound on my AT Pro.

We were supposed to go out this weekend for an actual extended hunt, but I have dance practice all morning (learning new choreography) and I completely forgot I'm doing senior pictures that afternoon. Maybe Sunday! I'm going to go crazy thinking about all the things we could be finding.

Attachments

• IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 286
Dang you are a Ring Roll.. Is that like 5, or is it 6 in the last couple of weeks?

How is your detecting partner mark faiRING :?:

That's only four for me total, but three from this one field. Mark is doing great. He's not where I'm at, but he does on one ring and it's marked 10k.

Nice ring, good spot there. Congratulations.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I bet that big ring is Tungsten or Titanium. Isn't it fun to see something so shiny in the hole? (Too bad they arent worth much, but keep us posted on the silver test)

I bet that big ring is Tungsten or Titanium. Isn't it fun to see something so shiny in the hole? (Too bad they arent worth much, but keep us posted on the silver test)

Is there any way of telling if it's tungsten or titanium? All the test kits I saw on Amazon do silver, gold, and platinum.

Back
Top Bottom