Need advice on purchase

wehoway

I own a small cabin, and because of a new neighbor I need to locate the lot corner/boundry markers.  The rear markers are metal pipes (I've already found one of those) and the front markers are the small metal things (one inch diameter) pounded into the ground.  According to a neighbor, the front markers used to be visible, but a few years ago the county repaved the road and covered them up.  I'm looking for just enough detector to locate the 3 boundry markers I haven't yet found, but want to make sure I don't waste money and buy something that can't locate the front markers buried by asphalt.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Well if you don't plan on doing any other metal detecing, you might be better off renting a machine, or locating the closest MD club in your area to help you out. However, if you want a good starter machine that will serve you real well in the event you start coin hunting, the Garrett ACE250 would do you well.

I can agree with renting a detector. However , it can become more costly if you don't find the objects right away. My suggestion would be to get a cheaper priced detector like the Garrett Ace 150. Use it as long as you have to and then if you don't want to keep it , re-sell it. The resale price would probably recoup more back to you and the difference would probably be less than the rental in the long run .

The clearance prices for the Radio Shack Bounty Hunter Discovery line, the 1100, 2200, 3300 at $42, $77, $112 respectively would probably be your best bet if you had to put out any kind of money to find the markers. Borrowing one from somebody would be my 1st choice if I wasn't going to go into MDing as a hobby. Good luck!

Find someone from the local club, and get them to find the markers for you. Then let them search the rest of your property in return for the favour.

Alan's reply is the soundest. Most any detectorist would jump at the chance if the cabin has been around for a while.....cheap for you everybody comes out a winner....Gil

For what it's worth.

I have found that asphalt gives off so many false signals, it'll make your head spin. Many detectors won't work with asphalt. If the road people covered them, it may be difficult.

Back
Top Bottom