ATP headphone adapter?

greenacarina

I have seen where some people have "made their own" by chopping off the end of their factory headphones and soldered on the desired female headphone connector....
I don't really see this as an option for not wanting to sacrifice my ability to use the factory headphones in the water.
So, it seems the only other option is to fork over $35 for the factory Garrett adapter? The price tag seems relatively steep, considering how simple this adapter is.
Is the connector that fits the detector box proprietary? Is it something that could be bought from Mouser or Digi Key, etc...?
My gut feeling is $15 would be about right...$20 is getting a little steep...$35 feels like I'm getting gouged.
What do you guys think?
I should probably stop being such a cheap bastard and spend the dough on the factory doodle....but it's hard to change my frugal ways. :)

Chris

No other /better way to get it done well. Just fork over the $35, if you shop around you may get a deal somewhere.

$35... A couple of good clad days. ;)

That connector is unique to Garrett, you can't just walk into radio shack or a marine electronics store and buy one, I've tried.

Yeah, you guys are confirming what I already suspected.
I will bust out the jaws of life for my wallet and see if I can pry $35 out of there... ;)

Thanks
Chris

Back
Top Bottom