HF Tumbler 25% coupon

RyanChappell

Elite Member
that's about at good as you can get. I got the dual when 44.99 with 20% off coupon which is always available. I think it was about $39 with tax.

I have looked at that.It looks like a great deal.I would like to get one.But just wonder about the quality of it.

I've done a small amount of research and i've come to my personal opinion that vibratory tumblers would work better at cleaning coins than a rotary tumbler would be.

I've done a small amount of research and i've come to my personal opinion that vibratory tumblers would work better at cleaning coins than a rotary tumbler would be.

The coupon works with those too. Too bad it doesn't work with floor jacks, darnit. I better get a craftsman floor jack anyway, don't want hydraulic fluid to leak...

I have looked at that.It looks like a great deal.I would like to get one.But just wonder about the quality of it.

The quality is fine
Many people have these, have used them and love them including myself.
I have run probably over $500 worth of clad through mine and I am still on my first belt.

More people use the drums than the ones that vibrate around here.
While they both work, the drum style is quieter.

The coupon works with those too. Too bad it doesn't work with floor jacks, darnit. I better get a craftsman floor jack anyway, don't want hydraulic fluid to leak...

FYI, I've had a HF 2.5 ton floorjack for 18 years. It sees a lot of use and has never leaked or not worked.

I had my credit card info loaded and was one click away from ordering one... when on the final screen I saw sales tax in addition to the $6.99 shipping charge. Sales tax? Hmm.... there must be a HF store in my state... Sure enough, there's one not too far away from me. Got out of the order and decided I'll be saving the $7 and picking one up in the store. Hope they have it in stock!

I have one, it has never failed..i still have the spare belts, never needed one..it does its job great...I cant recommend it enough..just a little noisy so find a place away from people when you run it..i have a covered proch so do it there but its great...just the single drum do one cup of coins, one cup of aquarium gravel, two drops of dish washing fluid and water filled to cover the gravel and coins.

I do 2 hours of tumbling then clean the drum and pick out the best coins and leave the others for another 2 hours with some more coins added to bring it back to a cup full..the gravel lasts forever, just add another two drops and top off with warm water...done deal.

Just got my single tumbler from HF an hour ago. It's also their sidewalk sale weekend here. I asked if she could charge me full price for it and then I could use the 25% off instead...nope. It wasn't worth my gas & time to go back again just to save $2.00. The abrasives cost 1/3 as much as the machine :mad:

I did see that they have a couple of nice light shovels for short money, and almost got one of those to modify for field use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/28-round-nose-mini-shovel-with-d-handle-69826.html

I have thought about getting one also but then I read several reviews in which some said that they leak so I just never ordered one.

I have thought about getting one also but then I read several reviews in which some said that they leak so I just never ordered one.

I have read very few posts that said they leak.
The few that did, the owners figured out they put the top on wrong, fixed it and they never leaked again.

I have a double barrel unit and never had one leak.

Thanks Digger. I was planning on getting a double barrel myself. I figure for just a few more dollars it would be worth having the extra capacity and being able to use one for clad and one for copper. I have a question though, You don't have to use both barrels if say, I only had some clad and no copper, do you? In other words you can just mount the one barrel. I didn't know if having only one barrel loaded would change the speed of the tumbler or not. Thanks again for your help.

I have read very few posts that said they leak.
The few that did, the owners figured out they put the top on wrong, fixed it and they never leaked again.

I have a double barrel unit and never had one leak.

Thanks Digger. I was planning on getting a double barrel myself. I figure for just a few more dollars it would be worth having the extra capacity and being able to use one for clad and one for copper. I have a question though, You don't have to use both barrels if say, I only had some clad and no copper, do you? In other words you can just mount the one barrel. I didn't know if having only one barrel loaded would change the speed of the tumbler or not. Thanks again for your help.

I have used both at the same time and just one at other times.
Works well, no difference and no overheating motor or busted belts.

Thanks for the reply. I was about to order the double but then got to reading the reviews on the HF site and was skeptical because of all the negative reviews, which mostly were concerning the belts breaking. There are several good reviews too though. I think I am going to go ahead and get the double barrel. I will just check the alignment and adjust it if needed before using it. Thanks again!

I have used both at the same time and just one at other times.
Works well, no difference and no overheating motor or busted belts.

Back
Top Bottom