First ring find with the MXSport

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
Unfortunately it's not silver :no: Stainless I think.
Oh well, It was still exciting to see a ring in the scoop.
The day started out great too with a cup of coffee from McDs and a 57 GW in my change.
So far I'm likeing the MXS, still don't have a lot of hours on it yet but so far no cracks.
Keeping my fingers crossed! HH All!
IMG_0264_zpslbtsimym.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0267_zpsvywmpcl9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0265_zpstovp40ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0260_zpsanfmugwe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Careful around the water, some of them have proven to leak, like the ATP did when it came out.

Hey a silver quarter is a nice find!

A ring is a ring! Congrats on the find, and nice save on the GW!
Thanks rreahard!
Great pictures and what a cool ring with the silver too ...you just can't beat that!
Thanks ND! It was a fun day in the water.
Careful around the water, some of them have proven to leak, like the ATP did when it came out.
Yeah I check it for cracks but other than that I bought it for the water so if it's gonna leak might as well be while it's under warranty. Thanks for the heads up.
Hey a silver quarter is a nice find!
Thanks Felix! Best find of the day comes at McDonalds. :lol:
Grats on the silver GW
Thanks Joe!

Awesome, congrats on your first ring with your new machine!!!

Stay on em!!

<°)))>{

I ask on another thread about your thoughts on the MX now you have had some time on it. On that thread you announced that you were in the process of getting one some time back.

I ask on another thread about your thoughts on the MX now you have had some time on it. On that thread you announced that you were in the process of getting one some time back.

So far I am happy with it, I am brand new to water hunting and only 10 months into the hobby in general so I still have much to learn. What I think impresses me most is how sensitive it is, I have yet to set sens higher than 4 and have hit targets about as deep as my 305 will hit with sens cranked up. With zero rain here I haven't been able to do any dirt hunting with it, when I do I will experiment a bit with higher sensitivity. If it can remain stable at higher settings I think this thing will be crazy deep. I thought it had the latest firmware but in all metal sat only goes to 6 so there is an update in my future but I want to get as many hours on it first as possible so I can get a better handle on exactly how the update affects it. So far no cracks in the faceplate, if it does develop them the update will come a bit sooner. Also the pp function is very accurate, when I switched to a DD coil on my Xterra I struggled a bit with where it pinpoints but this one seems to be dead center. Overall my experience with the MXS has been good, I know there is a lot of interest in this machine (especially with all the problems) so as I learn new things I will share my experiences.

Looks like a real nice place to hunt! Congrads on the ring!!

So far I am happy with it, I am brand new to water hunting and only 10 months into the hobby in general so I still have much to learn. What I think impresses me most is how sensitive it is, I have yet to set sens higher than 4 and have hit targets about as deep as my 305 will hit with sens cranked up. With zero rain here I haven't been able to do any dirt hunting with it, when I do I will experiment a bit with higher sensitivity. If it can remain stable at higher settings I think this thing will be crazy deep. I thought it had the latest firmware but in all metal sat only goes to 6 so there is an update in my future but I want to get as many hours on it first as possible so I can get a better handle on exactly how the update affects it. So far no cracks in the faceplate, if it does develop them the update will come a bit sooner. Also the pp function is very accurate, when I switched to a DD coil on my Xterra I struggled a bit with where it pinpoints but this one seems to be dead center. Overall my experience with the MXS has been good, I know there is a lot of interest in this machine (especially with all the problems) so as I learn new things I will share my experiences.

The picture above of the face looks like it is wet inside and there are some grey areas along the edge of the lens. Their rules are 30 days on refund and now a new number to call to get your questions answered. I would not wait to long. They have stopped selling them now.

The picture above of the face looks like it is wet inside and there are some grey areas along the edge of the lens. Their rules are 30 days on refund and now a new number to call to get your questions answered. I would not wait to long. They have stopped selling them now.
That's the protective film cover, I never removed it.
Cool design on the ring. Congrats!
Thanks Scott! It is a cool design, I wish it were silver though.
WTG Ron, nice finds. Congratulations.
Thanks Jerry!

Thanks metal addict!

Wish we had places like that to hunt here that we'd not get eaten! :) Congrats on the first ring! Welcome to the addiction!

Back
Top Bottom