3 years of Civil War digs

WV Hillbilly

Union Buttons.jpg

artillery fuses.jpg

lots of minnie balls.jpg

my lock plates.jpg

my relics.jpg

Here is almost 3 years of Civil War relics. Some are camp finds, and some are battlefield finds. Coins, CW buttons, minnie balls, spencer casings, and lots more.

Very nice collection. I'm glad it has all been recovered and not rotting away in the ground out of sight.

Keep savin' that history.

I just hate seeing another shopping center go in thinking I might miss a relic. :)

Nice collection! Ive just got permission to hunt on some farm land in Georgia that is about a mile from the Battle of Resaca. The land had both Union and Confederate soldiers on it during the lead up and following that battle. Always nice seeing those CW relics!

Well done... historical preservation. Do you keep notes of where you find things? Just curious, because it would be interesting to see them mounted on a large map of the area and notes about whether it was a battle, encampment etc.... HH RickO

Nice collection! Ive just got permission to hunt on some farm land in Georgia that is about a mile from the Battle of Resaca. The land had both Union and Confederate soldiers on it during the lead up and following that battle. Always nice seeing those CW relics!

Good luck on the hunt. Hope to see some pics.

Well done... historical preservation. Do you keep notes of where you find things? Just curious, because it would be interesting to see them mounted on a large map of the area and notes about whether it was a battle, encampment etc.... HH RickO
I have not made any notes. I plan on doing so as I remember where I dug most all of these. There just never seems to be time when I have spare time I'm out hunting.

Back
Top Bottom