Coinstar.....It's official.....

Vermonster

Elite Member
I'm now ahead in Silvers from Coinstar (5) than I am from detecting (4)..... Don't know if that's a good or bad thing....... :(

Attachments

• Coinstar.jpg
    Coinstar.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 634
Mind telling what kind of store the machine is in? I've never seen anyone use the machine at my nearest Wal-Mart...so naturally I've never found any coins there either. :laughing:

I don't understand this coinstar thing. I understand the machine won't accept silver and reject them.

My point is how often do people leave change in the return tray? You'd make more money from clad checking the return tray of soda machines.

Every time I check the thing is empty.

I don't understand this coinstar thing. I understand the machine won't accept silver and reject them.

My point is how often do people leave change in the return tray? You'd make more money from clad checking the return tray of soda machines.

It doesn't take much effort to check the tray...I've found about a buck total...it's been worth my time, even though most times it's empty.

Congrats on the silver V, one steel penny is all I've ever found in a coinstar, did better yesterday 90 cents in a candy machine.

Mind telling what kind of store the machine is in? I've never seen anyone use the machine at my nearest Wal-Mart...so naturally I've never found any coins there either. :laughing:

It's a regular grocery store. Called Vons down here on SoCal.....

:lol:

Honestly, I think its plenty of reasons. Being lazy, forgetting, fat fingers where they miss a few when they swipe, medically are not able to bend over and look into the slot, etc.

I'm now ahead in Silvers from Coinstar (5) than I am from detecting (4)..... Don't know if that's a good or bad thing....... :(
Don't feel alone....I've gotten 8 silver coins out of Coinstar machines this year and only two from digging. I would say that getting silver coins from Coinstar is a GOOD thing because they're in addition to dug ones.

It's a regular grocery store. Called Vons down here on SoCal.....

:lol:

Honestly, I think its plenty of reasons. Being lazy, forgetting, fat fingers where they miss a few when they swipe, medically are not able to bend over and look into the slot, etc.

My point was why just check the coinstar machine for just silver content only. You'd make more money in clad checking the soda and vending machines. All these posters probably walk right up to the coinstar machine looking at the rejection tray only for silver, walking right past multiple soda machines that would yield more monetary value at a higher occurrence. It's like mad man's gold, blinded by the silver.

Congrats!!!

I've never found anything but modern, and foreign coins until last night..

Walked up and saw one lonely dime..

I knew I had my first CS silver...😀

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20180629_202042.jpg
    IMG_20180629_202042.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 387
I am way ahead with coinstar. five silver dimes and one silver canadian quarter and about 10 wheats and lots of foreign coins.

Metal detecting silver coin finds: zero, live in Atlanta where it appears there are few silver coins in the ground in metro atlanta.

My point was why just check the coinstar machine for just silver content only. You'd make more money in clad checking the soda and vending machines. All these posters probably walk right up to the coinstar machine looking at the rejection tray only for silver, walking right past multiple soda machines that would yield more monetary value at a higher occurrence. It's like mad man's gold, blinded by the silver.

I don't think anyone here is looking for just silver. If there's any coins in there, we snatch them up. And I think it's exponentially more found in Coinstar than in soda machines, IMO.

Congrats!!!

I've never found anything but modern, and foreign coins until last night..

Walked up and saw one lonely dime..

I knew I had my first CS silver...&#55357;&#56832;

<°)))>{

Awesome, congrats!

I live in a college town. Coinstars always have coins. Usually crusty zincs and foreign but silver here and there. Have better luck at the grocery store one than walmart.

Back
Top Bottom