civil war atlas

zig500

i have been looking at the official military atlas of the civil war i found there are many different ones which on is the best haveing maps in it and able to tell where it was useing todays name of the towns

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0760750440?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

This is the one I use. I cross reference these maps with a modern atlas or Google maps. Some names of cities and land marks are the same today while others are different. But it is easy to find the areas with modern maps. The link is for Amazon.com, new and used books are available at great prices. This is "the" book to use in my opinion. The book is HUGE and easy to read.

My book came in today and I'm out of town working. My wife called and ask if I ordered a 18" monitor, that's the box they sent it in.:lol: She said the book is huge and we don't have a self big enough. Can't wait to get home and check it out.

My book came in today and I'm out of town working. My wife called and ask if I ordered a 18" monitor, that's the box they sent it in.:lol: She said the book is huge and we don't have a self big enough. Can't wait to get home and check it out.

It is a great book! Shows troop movements and real detailed maps on the more well known battles. You will have more success with finding Civil War relics.

Back
Top Bottom