D & R Detector Sales, Goshen Indiana...TOP NOTCH IN MY BOOK!!

gtodude

So the coil for my MXT-300 started was making some strange chatter and I couldn't turn my gain up beyond the preset without it going bonkers. So I unplugged my coil and tried it without the coil....no screaming overload! So I googled my nearest Whites dealer with hopes of finding a new coil at a reasonable price. My google search pointed me towards D & R Detector Sales & Service in Goshen. Dave and Rachel, the owners, are great people! They were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and a blast to chat with. I ended up purchasing a 950 Concentric coil and they threw in the coil cover for free and the greatest part of it all, they gave me a 3 ringer that they found in TN! I will most definitely visit them again and I recommend that anyone in the area needing anything relating to detecting, give them a shout or stop by their place.

Anyone interested in their address or phone number, PM me or you can look them up on the Web.

Eric

That's what I thought about mine too. I hadn't used it in quite awhile so I thought at first that it was normal but then it dawned on me that I could only get a steady hum with the gain turned down a quite a bit below the preset. Just prior to the preset it started getting really chattery, the VDI's bouncing all over when just holding it still above the ground, beeping and identifying non-existant targets at the end of each swing and then when I bumped it up to a gain of +1 it overloaded. And it was starting to irritate me because I remember turning it to +3 before with no issues. I'm now wondering how much I have missed in all of the detecting that I have done with it acting up.

Unplugging the coil made me really believe that it was the coil but to be sure, I wanted to plug a known good coil into it. When we did, it was a night and day difference, back to normal it was and all of the erratic behavior was gone.

Maybe he could try to remove the coil and see if that makes a difference and then try another coil like I did. Good Luck!

Eric

Back
Top Bottom