RESOLVED: Kellyco Scoop on Backorder for 4 months?

Stang1968

Elite Member
I placed an order at the end of January for the Beachmaster scoop from Kellyco only to get a reply that the order was processing but the scoop was back ordered. Initially I was told they'd be received into inventory on February 2nd, but that came and passed. Then I was given February 5th or 7th, and it too passed... Eventually I was told that they didn't know when they'd come in other than it would be "soon". After more than three weeks of waiting, I called and cancelled my order.

This past weekend, I got an email regarding their Memorial Day sale. I again tried to purchase the same scoop, and got an email that the item is backordered. I called customer service to find out what was going on-- according to the rep, the beachmaster scoop was still on back order since February, and there was no ETA on availability.

Now it seems to me that if an item is out of stock for MONTHS on end, you should probably remove it from your listings. It also seems to me, that when you do still list unavailable items online or in your catalog, that when someone calls about a said item the customer service agents should be able to suggest comparable items at a similar price point- something the Kellyco agent could not do (blaming a down computer). As of right now, I'm waiting for a call back from customer service. It's just feels pretty bogus that they've been out of stock that long and that they would still list it online. When i worked retail, we called a delay that long "DISCONTINUED".

I've tried to give Kellyco my business twice now, only to have the item "backordered" with no end in sight.

Fool me once shame on you, fool my twice, shame on me.

Anyone else had the same problem? Anyone have an alternate suggestion for a scoop? I'm not a frequent beach hunter- just a few times a summer.

its a big company. which one is it? theirs like 10 or 12 or more beachmasters. if something is on back order. that tells me that their is no telling when its gona be in stock.. haveing every thing in stock is not easy. it would be in the millions. and that would drive cost,s up. they are at their distrubtors mercy. kelly co has always done right by me. its not fast food. i meen come on dude. im not just a jerk on the enternet . i play one in real life too.

Maybe Kellyco could simply list an item as out of stock on their site when they don't have it. Brilliant idea!

I just recieved one order that was backordered,took about two months.Still have one out there,when i called i was told it was because minelab had moved and hadn't been shipping much.

Maybe Kellyco could simply list an item as out of stock on their site when they don't have it. Brilliant idea!
:goodpost:
This is what they need to do.

It is not just one item they have done this with.
They need to get something in place to tell you if an item is not available. As it was the last time I ran into this you had to complete the order and wait for notification of an item on backorder.

its a big company. which one is it? theirs like 10 or 12 or more beachmasters. if something is on back order. that tells me that their is no telling when its gona be in stock.. haveing every thing in stock is not easy. it would be in the millions. and that would drive cost,s up. they are at their distrubtors mercy. kelly co has always done right by me. its not fast food. i meen come on dude. im not just a jerk on the enternet . i play one in real life too.

The beachmaster 16. I don't expect them to have everything in stick at all times; I was a manager in retail for several years so I know that's not possible. But you can list something as out of stock. Obviously if your out for months on end of a $40 item, you should probably stop taking orders for it.
Not only is the kellyco site hard to navigate, you never know if your stuff is in stock until after you place the order.

Stang1968, did you ever receive a call back from customer service? Could you PM me your information so I can look up your account? I can personally check stock if necessary.

I'm sorry you are having such an issue getting the scoop you want and I understand your frustration. I've passed your post on to management and would like to make myself available to help you resolve this.

Ms. Blaze

Any of the dealers that I have ever done business with (and have been many) would tell me they either had the item in stock or they didn't, simple as that, never any run-around.

Sounds so easy even a caveman can do it.

Attachments

• caveman.jpg
    caveman.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 471
Okay. Reading all the post about Kellyco and the backorder situation with the Beach Scoops made me a tad bit nervous about ordering one. So I went ahead and ordered one anyways. I also ordered a rain/dust cover. Now comes the fun part. Yep, you guessed it. An item I ordered is on backorder. So I called them to ask about the backorder and they surprised me by saying that the beach scoop is in, it's the rain/dust cover that is on backorder and they won't ship the order til it's all in. :?: I think I will call them tomorrow and cancel the rain/dust cover, so they will ship out the beach scoop. At least I hope they will ship out the scoop.

Okay. Reading all the post about Kellyco and the backorder situation with the Beach Scoops made me a tad bit nervous about ordering one. So I went ahead and ordered one anyways. I also ordered a rain/dust cover. Now comes the fun part. Yep, you guessed it. An item I ordered is on backorder. So I called them to ask about the backorder and they surprised me by saying that the beach scoop is in, it's the rain/dust cover that is on backorder and they won't ship the order til it's all in. :?: I think I will call them tomorrow and cancel the rain/dust cover, so they will ship out the beach scoop. At least I hope they will ship out the scoop.

This kind of comedy of errors would be funny, if it wasn't actually happening. If something has been out of stock for months, like some of their items have been, you would think updating the web page would take less effort than having to deal with people calling every couple of days — checking to see if their "In stock!" item has finally been shipped.

Why does everyone seem to think they are at the mercy of the retailer? All you have to do is cancel and buy somewhere else. I never wait long for backorder items. I always ask the merchant when I can expect the item and if I don't like the delivery time I cancel and buy somewhere else.
Kellyco told me about 6 weeks ago that they diod not have any e-tracs in but would have one by the end of the week(ordered on a mon). I called on thurs afternoon and asked when they would have etracs in stock and was told that they didn't know when they might have one (indefinite delay). The one I was speaking with did not knpoow I had an order yet. Then I told him that I guess I should cancel my order and then he put my salesman on the phone and he told me they had 2 emergency units in stock and got it ok'd for me to have one and shipped it out to me. Emergency units must mean in case someone is going to cancel their order...

Why does everyone seem to think they are at the mercy of the retailer? All you have to do is cancel and buy somewhere else. I never wait long for backorder items. I always ask the merchant when I can expect the item and if I don't like the delivery time I cancel and buy somewhere else.
Kellyco told me about 6 weeks ago that they diod not have any e-tracs in but would have one by the end of the week(ordered on a mon). I called on thurs afternoon and asked when they would have etracs in stock and was told that they didn't know when they might have one (indefinite delay). The one I was speaking with did not knpoow I had an order yet. Then I told him that I guess I should cancel my order and then he put my salesman on the phone and he told me they had 2 emergency units in stock and got it ok'd for me to have one and shipped it out to me. Emergency units must mean in case someone is going to cancel their order...
Wish I had some emergency units, demos or ??

I still do not understand why you all do not just PM me and get your problem resolved. Every problem has a solution and I am able to solve 95% of them.

Unless you are an international customer, we will ship the order in two parts or more if you request this being done and even if you are international, we will do it if requested. In fact one of the new policies that has been put in place is that we do go ahead and ship items.

Now to address why we do not pull products off the internet when they are on backorder. Because of the current way the Kellyco's website is designed, it is very very time consuming to remove items as the inventory levels change. For instance, one item is listed in 9 places on the site, each place has to be changed. Contrary to everyone thinking Kellyco is this massive company, we have 3 people to maintain the main site and the other 15 that we have. With the amount of items we carry this is an unimaginable task.

With all of the backorders this year from the manufacturers, we have taken a hit on this and we are aware that this is not acceptable. I will see if I can move a little closer in the next week by coming up with a semi live notification system, we just figured you would rather hear from a live person and be given choices.

The good news is that over the past two years, we have been able to make changes a little quicker and the future is looking like live inventory levels are going to be a reality. It just takes time to change a 1500+ page site.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and will address this Monday morning and see that we get our system set up to better notify you of any item on backorder.

Again, if you have any issues, please just send me a PM or and email or call me directly and I will see to it that your problem is solved in a timely manner.

Quote -So I called them to ask about the backorder and they surprised me by saying that the beach scoop is in, it's the rain/dust cover that is on backorder and they won't ship the order til it's all in.

If this was me I don't know whether I would laugh or I would cry if a dealer told me this. I do know that if I ordered an item and they refused to ship it out until an other item I ordered came in I would be done with them in a hurry. Whats up with that, I mean if you paid for the item and the shipping the least they could do is ship it.

Now to address why we do not pull products off the internet when they are on backorder. Because of the current way the Kellyco's website is designed, it is very very time consuming to remove items as the inventory levels change. For instance, one item is listed in 9 places on the site, each place has to be changed. Contrary to everyone thinking Kellyco is this massive company, we have 3 people to maintain the main site and the other 15 that we have. With the amount of items we carry this is an unimaginable task.

Understandable, but if something has been out of stock for months, and there is no estimate of how long it will take to become in stock again, I would think that updating the website would be less of a hassle than dealing with hundreds of customers calling in over and over to see where their item is.

Unless you are an international customer, we will ship the order in two parts or more if you request this being done and even if you are international, we will do it if requested. In fact one of the new policies that has been put in place is that we do go ahead and ship items

When I called about the backorder, the girl I spoke with told me that they have to wait for the backordered item to come in before they will ship it. I again asked for the scoop to be sent out and she repeated about the wait.
Now I am not knocking Kellyco, in fact I think alot of the items and promotions you have are better than what the local dealers around here can do for me, just befuddeled about the same concerns everyone has on here. I know I know, we are in the age of I want it now. I can wait. I can wait. I keep telling myself this. But thank you for your response.:grin:

Back
Top Bottom